• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Why buy up more guns than you can carry? I have never understood this practice.

Are you buying them up as an investment?

Concentrate more on gear, mags and ammo, plus the ability and training to carry and utilize the things you already have.

There are a great many reasons why. In an absolute worst case scenario, if you have more rifles than you can carry, you can also arm a family member or neighbor if there is some sort of threat to your house or neighborhood. Judging by all of the crazy things I've heard around the border area as far as border patrol having shootouts with drug runners (even heard there were RPG's involved in one case!), and with the fact that our borders are no long secured or considered a priority, this could end up being a necessity for someone possibly. Also, I like the idea of having more than I can carry, just in case I have some sort of catastrophic failure with one of my guns, meaning beyond the ability to repair with simple replacement parts. It's added peace of mind knowing that if something like that were to happen, you still have a backup. Especially if the new AWB goes through and bans large percentages of firearms. What you have now, you may never be able to buy again, and replacement parts could always become illegal as well so if something breaks you might be screwed. I look at it this way, maybe I'll have a few more rifles than I need, but at this point it's a better investment than a 401k or some other such investment vehicle that could disappear over night in the event of another great depression. I'm only half joking on that one. ;)

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    There are a great many reasons why. In an absolute worst case scenario, if you have more rifles than you can carry, you can also arm a family member or neighbor if there is some sort of threat to your house or neighborhood. Judging by all of the crazy things I've heard around the border area as far as border patrol having shootouts with drug runners (even heard there were RPG's involved in one case!), and with the fact that our borders are no long secured or considered a priority, this could end up being a necessity for someone possibly. Also, I like the idea of having more than I can carry, just in case I have some sort of catastrophic failure with one of my guns, meaning beyond the ability to repair with simple replacement parts. It's added peace of mind knowing that if something like that were to happen, you still have a backup. Especially if the new AWB goes through and bans large percentages of firearms. What you have now, you may never be able to buy again, and replacement parts could always become illegal as well so if something breaks you might be screwed. I look at it this way, maybe I'll have a few more rifles than I need, but at this point it's a better investment than a 401k or some other such investment vehicle that could disappear over night in the event of another great depression. I'm only half joking on that one. ;)

Oh, believe me, we have more than enough to arm every family member adequately. I am referring to those that run out and panic-buy more than they need just because someone was elected. No law has been passed (yet) and the only thing this activity causes is mass hysteria and greed.

I would say this is a repeat of the 90's, but with the internet, this time it is much worse.

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Oh, believe me, we have more than enough to arm every family member adequately. I am referring to those that run out and panic-buy more than they need just because someone was elected. No law has been passed (yet) and the only thing this activity causes is mass hysteria and greed.

I would say this is a repeat of the 90's, but with the internet, this time it is much worse.

So if nothing happens there will be a flood of cheap firearms and if the laws do get more restrictive, these people will have extra parts.

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    TAKE A PICTURE please. i know its frowned upon to take pictures but i want to see just how vast this show is. if you can take a picture that would be sweet as i would like to check it out. my buddy already left for the show.

Here are some from last year:

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    With the majorities the dems are taking and will take in the House, Senate, and Congress, and with the fact that Obama will be able to appoint 2 Supreme Court justices, this will be the most liberal administration in modern history. They will be able to push through a new AWB almost unchallenged, and our side will not have enough votes to stop it either. It is pretty much inevitable at this point. Don't believe me? Take a look at this:

Urban Policy | Change.gov

As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
    Yep, the new president elect publicly states that the implementation of a new AWB is one of the presidential office's primary focuses now. It is pretty much guaranteed to happen.

Panic buying? Oh well. Anything that gets more guns in more Americans hands is good in my book. The larger our ownership numbers are and the more guns in privately owned hands the better. We already had something like roughly 80 million gun owners in this country and over 280 million privately owned firearms judging by an NRA study I saw awhile back. The more numbers we have, the more power we wield in being able to prevent these things from happening.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    The more numbers we have, the more power we wield in being able to prevent these things from happening.

One problem with this statement; the power may be there, but there must also be resolve, determination and the unwavering intestinal fortitude to be able to wield such power.

Do you really think we have any modern-day Minutemen left? Any true Patriots? Each day, I am losing faith that we have any such people left in what once was a great nation.

We are now a nation full of sheep that must have their Starbucks, huge SUVs and text messaging. Add to that, the so-called gun rights advocates that preach "standing united" while they go out and practically loot the shelves of guns and ammo, all in the name of supply and demand/capitalism; charging a higher price later and gouging their fellow Second Amendment supporters. I saw it in the 90's and it is getting worse.

Sorry for the rant, I am not picking on anyone in particular, just expressing my view point.

Top Bottom