• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Headed to Tusla Oklahoma for the Wanamaker gun show this weekend, the biggest gun show in the United States. After the results last night my wife said I could get whatever I needed.

My list so far:
    1) M4 with eotech
    2) Sig P232
    3) AK Underfolder.
    4) tactical 12 gauge
    5) sagia 12 guage

This is the official site of Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show, the original Tulsa gun show and the largest gun show in the world. Sometimes publishers or other websites accidentally publish wrong dates for our show.

IMG_0291.jpg
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm cutting back my spending in all other areas so I can focus what little I can afford entirely on "the stockpile". ;) lol

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Sounds good. I'm ordering an arse-load of ammo and have my eye on a few more guns I need. Anybody have any suggestions on a 'good' AK? I figure I need to have all the common calibers covered.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Get a Yugo underfolder or an Arsenal AK.I am stocking up on the Hi Cap mags and ammo.I was very upset last night and my wife gave me the ok to stock up.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    My wife can't understand why I'm so upset about this. No, she's not an Obama supporter, but she doesn't grasp the gravity of the situation.

My husband is the same way. Personally, I think he's underestimating.

As for stock piling and such, can't do it. Not even in country yet and won't get there until after the Inauguration :( I'm fighting the clock

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My wife can't understand why I'm so upset about this. No, she's not an Obama supporter, but she doesn't grasp the gravity of the situation.

Tell her to take a look at this video and then consider why it is such a serious matter:

YouTube - Gun Control in Canada

YouTube - England Gun Ban Update

Here's the deal. Here's the real root of the problem. The anti's....I would say many of them.....they truly believe in their ideals. I would say many or most of them really do mean well, and they want to create that ideal utopian society that is free of pain, suffering, crime, etc. Of course all of us know that doesn't work in the real world. I would say there is an inherent mental and emotional dysfunction involved in this type of thinking. Wanting to be in that type of utopian society is one thing, though thinking it can actually happen in this day and age shows a definite lack of ability to reconcile ideals from reality. Here is where the guns come in. People of that nature are immature and really cannot think in adult terms. I honestly think that most of them think that they need society to do everything that they have planned, and it will ultimately lead to this mythical utopia. The problem is they do not think like rational adults, and they cannot reconcile the fact that we are all individual thinkers and not mindless robots willing to submit. I think maybe they see the firearm as an object that is standing in their way from forcing us to carry out their will, so in essence they probably believe that if they can just get rid of the guns, we'll all follow along in their plans and everyone will live happily ever after. These are truly people with deep seated emotional and developmental issues. By all accounts, you could probably even say many of them are mentally "retarded" or of "diminished mental capacity" with all of the social issues they have in dealing with true individuals.

Basically what I'm trying to get at here is that these people simply do not think like you and I. I think it would help your wife to understand "why" if she realizes this fact. No matter what, the anti's are going to continue pushing, continue excessively regulating, continue excessively taxing, continue doing everything possible so that one day they may see their goal of total destruction of civilian firearm ownership. I mean just think about it, they feel they are doing the right thing, and many of them are extremely emotionally attached to these ideals. There is no way these people are giving up. With Obama getting elected, and with the massive majorities the Dem's will hold in the Senate, House, Congress, and with the Supreme Court justices Obama will be able to appoint (2 I believe)........they will have such massive majorities that they would be able to push through just about any legislation they want nearly unchallenged. That should frighten us all.

LR-AR-LB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    America is underestimating what we face, Obama has even stated his uncharted desires to fill in the blank later.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Why buy up more guns than you can carry? I have never understood this practice.

Are you buying them up as an investment?

Concentrate more on gear, mags and ammo, plus the ability and training to carry and utilize the things you already have.

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Why buy up more guns than you can carry? I have never understood this practice.

Are you buying them up as an investment?

Concentrate more on gear, mags and ammo, plus the ability and training to carry and utilize the things you already have.

An investment sure, I think we all envision our weapons appreciating after the Obama win. But there is more to it than that. If things do get bad I want as many options of defiance as can be procured. For myself and any other like minded individual that might have not been able to accrue what they needed. I also think of my guns different uses and situations I might need to use one. I also have different locations that I might want to stock. There is a myriad of reason to have more than you can carry.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    An investment sure, I think we all envision our weapons appreciating after the Obama win. But there is more to it than that. If things do get bad I want as many options of defiance as can be procured. For myself and any other like minded individual that might have not been able to accrue what they needed. I also think of my guns different uses and situations I might need to use one. I also have different locations that I might want to stock. There is a myriad of reason to have more than you can carry.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about being prepared (I have been prepared for a long time), I just don't get the "I have to get two more AKs and an AR before they are gone" mentality. If you don't have one, I get that, but to have an entire rack of them just because they could dry up escapes me.

The panic buying and the dealer/distributor greed will sink us all.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I am pretty much set with guns. What I have begun to do is to stock up on ammo. Not getting crazy about it, but making sure I have about 1000 rounds per gun. This will help IF ammo is severely taxed in the future. If it gets too expensive to shoot, I figure that air gun pellets will stay cheap (they are in England, even with its restrictive gun laws). With the right air gun (pellet gun) you can stay proficient in accuracy and skill. I greatly improved my shooting skills with all of my guns when I competed on the UTA pistol team, shooting an air pistol. I have ordered another air rifle and will purchase another air pistol. The anti-gun types consider these guns as toys, even if some do move a .17 or .22 cal pellet at 1200 feet per second.
    Point is, in my thinking, I will still be able to afford to shoot the air guns a lot and periodically take my "real" guns out to shoot.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    TAKE A PICTURE please. i know its frowned upon to take pictures but i want to see just how vast this show is. if you can take a picture that would be sweet as i would like to check it out. my buddy already left for the show.

Top Bottom