• ...and so much more!
  • JDL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Texas
    Five months.
    This was my second renewal.
    I moved from Harris County last February so they had to run it thru that County.
    Guns International

Deuce Coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    Sent my application in on 8/8/09 and received my CHL on 10/10/09. They take care of us old (more mature) men first. We have less time to use them.

Pete

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    It is taking a long time. I've got a TWIC, and they still are "processing" my app. It's been over two months now.

You would think that would mean something but it doesn't> I have a TWIC and a CHL and they still make me get finger prints over and over. It gets old. You would think with today's technology we could comunicate better.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    At least I didn't have to drive 2 hours to Beaumont to apply for it, then make the same drive again to pick it up, and wait for hours in the lobby like the TWIC card requires.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Well, they must be getting through these things faster now. I just checked the web site and the status is completed/issued, and they first received my paperwork in the mail on 8/31. Not bad considering they had to check records in two counties; I live in Harris County and had a, um, 'youthful indiscretion' on record in Galveston County from 23 years ago.

Time to start shopping for a holster...

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    They got mine to me in just over 2 months, just days before it would have expired, but this was my 2nd renewal, so I imagine all they needed to do was a new NAC.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I renewed mine this year and it took 75 days from completion of the class until I had my plastic ... The renewal was due in July but I took the class in March, just be (reasonably) sure the state would get the new one to me before the old one ran out ... not crazy about the picture, but the ET was acceptable ...

diverjml

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    New Braunfels
    You would think that would mean something but it doesn't> I have a TWIC and a CHL and they still make me get finger prints over and over. It gets old. You would think with today's technology we could comunicate better.

Amen to that. I would think that with a TWIC/CHL/Passport/TXDL that they should know me well enough to let me pass through Airport security with out the hassles they give the common citizen. But after what happened up at Fort Hood, I fear things will only get tighter with more bureaucracy.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I reach day #60 tomorrow. They rejected my first set of photos as being "pixelated". None of the other people in my CHL class have had their photos rejected - the CHL instructor took everyone's photo on a tripod-mounted camera in the same lighting - so it looks like photo and/or fingerprint rejections are arbitrary (every x number of applications are rejected for one or more reasons in an illusory form of quality control, whether the rejected item is okay or not).

Doing your application online doesn't speed things up, getting your fingerprints done via FAST doesn't help, and even an absolutely clean record isn't a guarantee of speedy processing on the part of DPS.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Took the class on the Oct 31st, mailed the following tuesday or wendsday.. Got my PIN letter yesterday. :)
    Still processing though...

jagged97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Euless, TX
    Here we go...

Prepaid online and got app and PIN before the class.
    09/12 Completed CHL class.
    09/14 Mailed application.
    09/15 Per USPS delivery confirmed.
    10/02 Status changed to "Processing application."
    11/19 Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active."

Now just waiting on plastic to arrive in my mailbox. Looks like things are getting quicker. BTW, had standard inked fingerprints.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had pretty much the same timeline as jagged97. Took my class 9/15, mailed the packet 9/21, went into processing 10/8 and complete 11/19. Total of 59 days since being mailed, turnaround seems to be getting faster in most cases. Expecting the plastic to arrive soon, seems like it takes 2-5 days once complete in most cases.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Looks like my brother was right. I talked to him a few weeks ago and he said Harris Count/ Houston was pretty much caught up and that smaller areas should be going pretty quickly. Hes DPS. I asked if he might be able to scoot mine along a little quicker... Damn "by the book" people. No dice. haha.

Top Bottom