• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I try not to be a Luddite but it seems to me that the countries that are do I well have economies built around raw materials and natural resources.

Well we are buying up their petroleum and uranium. 2 resources that we can be mined here, enough of which to support our energy needs.

Ya, its sad that the most powerful country in the world can't get its shit together.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well we are buying up their petroleum and uranium. 2 resources that we can be mined here, enough of which to support our energy needs.

Ya, its sad that the most powerful country in the world can't get its shit together.

I dont think we have enough uranium. I used to know which countries had which %. Seems like a lot is in Africa. Id have to revisit it.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I dont think we have enough uranium. I used to know which countries had which %. Seems like a lot is in Africa. Id have to revisit it.

Virginia has enough for all our reactors for 30 years. There are other places stateside that have since been shut down with uranium still in the ground.

IIRC Africa along the Ivory coast
    India has Thorium
    Russia has Soviet warheads

SpyderJohn

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Russia has Soviet warheads

Just FWIW the USA paid to deactivate all of those Soviet nukes following the SALT talks. The work was done at the Pantex plant in Amarillo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    The work was done at the Pantex plant in Amarillo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's still being done. That place is ridiculously secure (most secure location in the nation). I live in Borger which is 45 miles north of Rillo and drive past the plant every time I visit friends there.

-PAK-

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    It's still being done. That place is ridiculously secure (most secure location in the nation). I live in Borger which is 45 miles north of Rillo and drive past the plant every time I visit friends there.

-PAK-

The point of my post was about sources of U/Pu for power. The US is downblending Soviet warheads to burn in our reactors. ie Not just deactivation is taking place

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    In 2025, all of the baby boomers will be at retirement age. Thus workforce particpation will be at an all-time low, and the number of folks getting a check from Uncle Sugar will be at an all-time high. This is when the system will be at most stress.

When the economy will fail though, who knows. It will come fast though and without much warning, just like the banking crisis did in 2008. US currency is really nothing more than monopoly money, everybody knows it, but nobody wants to be the first to cash out for fear of starting the run. But that is what will happen.
    I couldn't agree more. It's not just the ratio of tax-payers to retirees increasing when we Baby-Boomers retire, it's also the loss of our work ethics in the workplace. It's no longer "ask not what the government can do for you, ask what you can do for the government (i.e. pay taxes) it's now "ax wut de gubmint can gib yoo!". A sign of the impending financial collapse can be seen in H.R. 2847 which will put Capital controls in place as pressure mounts to replace the U.S.$ as the world's reserve currency. When the dollar is replaced, we will no longer be able to pay for imports and make debt payments with money we can simply print. Everyone needs to start preparing NOW for the upheaval to come!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    For those preppers out there...being debt free and having marketable skills are about the most important things you can do to prep. I know, it's not sexy.

If you have 100000 rounds of 556 but your family gets evicted how will that help you? Especially when everyone else is broke too? You really think day one there gonna be some barter society to buy your house back with MREs?

I wish people would THINK ahead. A lot of the pain and misery can be avoided if people would use common sense and some balance in their planning for the future.
    Soooo, the mob won't ransack houses with clear titles?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Countless millions were/are killed in the name of many religions too. Hatred is hatred and intolerance is intolerance and ignorance is ignorance and bigotry is bigotry... no matter the source(s) or excuse(s). There are just as many God-fearing murderers as there are Godless ones.
    Mike, There is absolutely no comparison between killing done in the name of a political system or country compared to the killing done in the name of God. By a factor of a 100.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Soooo, the mob won't ransack houses with clear titles?

When I assess the impact and likelihood of a mob coming to my house I'm confident it's much less inherent risk than the bank/LEO coming to evict me.

I have reasonable amounts of security to take care of a small group of trouble makers, and I'm not worried abut World War Z

Top Bottom