• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WarrGo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    I got a response to my Email and my application was logged in on 1/2/09 but I still don't have a PIN, but at least they got it.

Also am I to understand that the local Sheriff has something to do with the background check? If so that could be why I am having a delay. Our new Sheriff uncovered all kinds of problems with the jail etc. They have since closed our jail and are putting the crooks in a jail in another county. I think it even made some national news, not that I watch that crap.
    Texas SOT

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    I asked today what the turn around on a background is right now and it is taking between 45 to 90 days in Harris County.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Until you get your CHL, just carry a copy of the U.S. Consitution in your wallet with the second one highlighted. You'll be alright.

LOL... You first.

Anyone remember how many months before expiration you can start the renewal process. Memory sais 3, but it aint what it used to be.

tool1075

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    DPS received my application via certified mail on 14-JAN-2009.

I just received my PIN today, 11-FEB-2009.

The letter on which the PIN was printed is dated 06-FEB-2009.

When I go to the website to check my status, it says:

"Processing Application"

Hurry up and process! lol

WarrGo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    OK. I guess I forgot to sign my picture. They sent back the pic and I signed it. now I am back to processing. Still waiting for permit.

WarrGo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    Well it seems that April 3rd will be 91 days and counting. Like I said I did forget to sign my picture but the turn around time getting that back was very fast on my part. I sent an email to them 2 days ago and haven't gotten a response yet. I will email again next week or call if I don't hear anything.

JJVP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    I'm in Galveston County. Send my application on 1/26/09. DPS mailed my pin on 2/26/09. Still "processing application" as of 4/20/09

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    Sent in application on 12/12/08, check cashed on 12/18/08. Kicked back on 01/24/09 for proof of citizenship. Sent proof and still in "processing application" status.

Maybe I should have just came to this country illegally, not embrace the American culture, and make everyone bend over backwards for me. Life would be grand then.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    sent app first week in jan.....got pin that later that month..... letter came back on march 31 saying picture was of poor quality (too bright)....retook pic and sent back within a week....... april is almost gone and still waiting for response....almost 4months gone.....:1zhelp:

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    I Mailed mine off March 16'th and I haven't gotten anything back saying anything about a pin granted I'm not sure I fully know what a pin is(My instructor was an idiot see CHL-Texas With Ross Bransford in Austin, Tx) None the less I know better than to expect an overnight return but I had expected some confirmation of them recieving my packet and payment(postal money order). After reading on this forum I suppose I'll go down to my post office and see if they have cashed my payment. Any other suggestions or do I have my panties in a wad?

WarrGo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    Finally got an approval from the state. 117 days. Now waiting on the post office. I did call about a week ago to check on my status. The guy said that because I didn't sign my pic it moved me to the back of the line when I sent the pic back. It seems kind of stupid that they don't have a hold area then you get back in line.

BTW a PIN is a personal identification number. The state will send you one so you can track your status online. My instructor didn't mention one ether I don't think. You can learn about it from this website.

Sunspots

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Austin, tx
    I mailed my completed package on March 30, 2009, got my Pin on May 18
    went from "processing application " to "Completed - license issued or certificate active" status on August 4

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Sent packet April 28, rec'd by Austin June 1. Kicked back for prints June 20. Sent new prints June 22, no word yet. Expecting maybe next June.

docbrazos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    Getting you PIN is not all that big a deal. May mean your application has had some attention. When you check it, it will say "Processing application" One you see completed or active you should have it in a Week to Ten day's.

Son applied in Feb 2008. Was sent back Not recomended. He Was 20 and active Military. State checked to see why trooper stamped application as such. More time. New Background check. Application was approved, Tropper got his a#$ in a sling.
    License Was approved before 21st birth day but wasn't recieved until 2 weeks after 21st birthday. That Way he wouldn't get 1 year plus 5 year. Son went back to Iraq with no CHL yet in his posession in November 2008. Didn't need it anyway. Should get his License Next Week when he gets back to the States.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom