• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I was sitting here thinking about my XDm40, I bought it in Dec, and haven't shot one round yet. There has been a shoulder surgery in between, but I have never gone this long buying a gun and not getting it to the range. This is a gun I am extremely glad I bought. So the question is, what is the longest period of time you have gone before shooting a new gun? Not including one's you intentionally planned on putting away, but just had circumstances getting in the way?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I was in a wreck , Harley v. Jeep. Shattered pelvis, nerve damage, double vision, etc.

What was the FIRST place I HAD to go after being in the hospital for 3 weeks and being at home, in bed, for 2 months with rods sticking out of me still ?.......The range, of course ! Had to shoot my Sig 239 SAS .40 cal.

This was in Phoenix, at an indoor range. They folded up the rest/table and I found how bad a shot I have become, due to the wreck.

Oh well, gives me an excuse when I miss a target or when I want to go practice. Like I need an excuse ?

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Bought a .22/20 gauge over/under at a gun show about 6 years ago for my son when he gets older. (3 now, bought it before he was even a thought) Never been shot since i bought it.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I have some guns that I purchased at least 5 years ago that I have yet to shoot. I fall victim to having too little time and a few favorites that have won my heart. That has not stopped me from buying more.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    so far about a week.
    gaaahhh was gonna go to dietz sunday, but i got rained out!

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    The longest was only a few days, since I bought it (MP 40 caliber in July of 2006) at a gun show in Denton. I've bought several guns at Academy also. When I get a new gun I have no will power, I can't wait to shoot it.
    The shortest was about 15 minutes since I bought several guns (MP 9c, CZ 75B and S.A. 1911 Micro Compact) at the Bullet Trap in Plano, which is a range/gun store. I just took the time to run a oily rag down the barrel to clear away any large chunks left in by the factory.

Top Bottom