• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Been MIA for a while...so how long is the wait now for a chl??

redneckinmontrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Right at 5 months today

Dropped the paperwork in the mail on Feb 05. CHL arrived today, Jul 03.

Nothing returned for errors, no fingerprint problems etc. Just a 5 month backlog.

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Had to redo my prints as well. My instructor had his prints redone too, this year. He thinks it is one of two things- 1) the computer the FBI is using can't read them correctly, or 2) they are so inundated in Austin that they have to do something to clear their desks. If it means they "can't read the prints", so be it.

My packet was sent in April, they received it May1, got my prints no good June 25, they received the prints back on June 30th. Wonder how long I have left to wait? I'm thinking it'll be first week or two of September. If it is any earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Had to redo my prints as well. My instructor had his prints redone too, this year. He thinks it is one of two things- 1) the computer the FBI is using can't read them correctly, or 2) they are so inundated in Austin that they have to do something to clear their desks. If it means they "can't read the prints", so be it.

My packet was sent in April, they received it May1, got my prints no good June 25, they received the prints back on June 30th. Wonder how long I have left to wait? I'm thinking it'll be first week or two of September. If it is any earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

You started the wait over once they got the good prints.

Top Bottom