• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckinmontrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Right at 5 months today

Dropped the paperwork in the mail on Feb 05. CHL arrived today, Jul 03.

Nothing returned for errors, no fingerprint problems etc. Just a 5 month backlog.

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Had to redo my prints as well. My instructor had his prints redone too, this year. He thinks it is one of two things- 1) the computer the FBI is using can't read them correctly, or 2) they are so inundated in Austin that they have to do something to clear their desks. If it means they "can't read the prints", so be it.

My packet was sent in April, they received it May1, got my prints no good June 25, they received the prints back on June 30th. Wonder how long I have left to wait? I'm thinking it'll be first week or two of September. If it is any earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Had to redo my prints as well. My instructor had his prints redone too, this year. He thinks it is one of two things- 1) the computer the FBI is using can't read them correctly, or 2) they are so inundated in Austin that they have to do something to clear their desks. If it means they "can't read the prints", so be it.

My packet was sent in April, they received it May1, got my prints no good June 25, they received the prints back on June 30th. Wonder how long I have left to wait? I'm thinking it'll be first week or two of September. If it is any earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

You started the wait over once they got the good prints.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    took my CHL renewal in March, it took just 75 days to get my new license ... I went in very early, my original license expires this month, but I didn't want to have to leave my gun at home while I waited ...

JackieTequila

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Houston
    I am at 120 days with no hope of getting mine soon. Harris Co BG check is holding everything up! :mad:

I live in Fort Bend County and have heard that there is a problem with BG checks in Harris and Fort bend Counties is because of Huricane Ike. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I suspect some Obama-shenanigans. Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean every ones not out to get me.

Submitted mine in early Feb., received letter to re-finger-print in May. Returned the same week. Waiting in beautiful sunny Sugar Land.

ehs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    90 days and still waiting. I have a feeling I will be waiting a lot longer. Only time will tell!!

Sunspots

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Austin, tx
    My timeline

Been MIA for a while...so how long is the wait now for a chl??
    March 29 2009, Took Class
    March 30, 2009 Mailed completed application to DPS
    May 18, 2009 Got the letter with the password for the website
    August 4'th 2009 "Completed - license issued or certificate active" appeared on the check your status page
    Ausgust 6'th 2009 License arrived

127 days... may have been complicated by recently moving from another state and some strange but resolved medical issues

dt300mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Austin
    I handed in my paperwork for my 3rd. CHL renewal in person to bldg. " I " at DPS headquarters on 7/21. I checked the online status for a week till it changed from "package sent " to processing. Then on 8/3, I find where it says information missing, detailed letter sent. I called right away, and it turns out the dig pics were too dark, so re-did them and took them back in person this last Friday. By Friday evening, it had changed from letter sent, back to processing !! When I was at DPS, I found out they had just hired 48 temps, and said the backlog would be caught up in a couple of weeks. The lady I handed my re-takes to said I didn't loose my spot. She said that the scanning in of the pics is the last step before they make/mail the new license, so who knows, maybe get it in just a couple of weeks. That's even with the pic issue.
    I was also surprised to find out that a 3rd. renewal does not require taking the class !! Don't know if that makes it faster. Seems we will only need to take the class every 10 years after the initial class. Hope this is good news for those waiting.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom