How many firearms is an "arsenal"? Press is all over the map.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Theres no way this guy is a threat with....
    "and hundreds of rounds of ammunition".
    He wasnt even prepared with only having a couple hundred rounds on hand.

Gotta love the media whores trying to get attention.

How many firearms someone owns is irrelevant.

Unless you have an agenda to push.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Theres no way this guy is a threat with....
    "and hundreds of rounds of ammunition".
    He wasnt even prepared with only having a couple hundred rounds on hand.

Gotta love the media whores trying to get attention.

Unless you have an agenda to push.
    Yes, it’s redefined extremism.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    JMO... An individual never has an arsenal, no matter how many weapons they own. It takes a government, or organization, to create an arsenal as only one of those can use the weapons of an arsenal to effect. An individual only has, at most, a collection, no matter how small or large.

arsenal

place where government keeps war weapons.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Several years back a guy got in trouble - not gun related but LE confiscated his 'arsenal' temporarily, thousands of rnds (several boxes of thunderbolts) and some 22 rifles. Media went bonkers.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    These people in the press who use the word arsenal probably have never owned a single gun. To them, more than two is unthinkable. People who grew up and lived in NYC, share the same opinion because they can't really own guns there legally. I once sat beside a man from NYC on an airplane. We struck up a conversation and since I boarded the plane in Dallas (his flight made a stop there) he figured out pretty quick from the way I talked that I was from Texas. I found out that he had never owned a car, and didn't drive. He was a business man in the garment industry. He said he had heard that Texans like to own guns, and asked if I owned any. I told him I owned several. Then he asked if I owned any handguns. With emphasis on the word like it was a scary thing. Again I replied, "Yes. I own several." He paused for a minute and was visibly uncomfortable. He then asked why I felt the need to own a handgun. Is crime so bad where you live that you feel it necessary? I replied, "No, we hardly have any crime at alll." That ended our conversation, and he didn't speak to me the rest of the flight.

Arsenal? That is the contents of an armory. Not a private citizen's collection of weapons.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    OIP.4w--Vmb-4-9mILmAez6N9gHaFE

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    When I was in 6th grade, the definition of 'Arsenal' was something along the lines of 'place of manufacture, repair, maintenance, and storage of weapons.' I specifically remember it including repair and maintenance because I left those two words out of the definition part of it on our spelling test and therefore got the ENTIRE word wrong.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    When I was in 6th grade, the definition of 'Arsenal' was something along the lines of 'place of manufacture, repair, maintenance, and storage of weapons.' I specifically remember it including repair and maintenance because I left those two words out of the definition part of it on our spelling test and therefore got the ENTIRE word wrong.
    Proving you were a liberal?

Top Bottom