• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I think its kinda like CD or DVD's if you find yourself buying duplicates cause you forgot you already owned one..........

not to say this means you have too many guns ---just that you need better record keeping........

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I think its kinda like CD or DVD's if you find yourself buying duplicates cause you forgot you already owned one..........

not to say this means you have too many guns ---just that you need better record keeping........

You MUST NOT get this confused with the RULE OF TWO's. It is perfectly acceptable and almost expected in some cases to have TWO (or more) of a certain kind of gun. Some guns are just that good.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    This thread has kind of alarmed me. It made me try to think of how many guns I actually have. I don't know!!!!:eek: I guess I need to inventory my collection. If I thought about it long enough, I guess I could go through them all in my head, but I don't (at the moment) know the number.:rolleyes: I clean them all periodically, whether I have shot them or not, but have never counted them. I guess I don't have too many because I don't consider it a chore to clean them.:p

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Texas Patriot -- I hear you ---its hard to imagine having too many 1911's, and a matched pair of anything is kinda cool.......

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I don't know of a "true" definition of "too many guns". For any given caliber, I have at least several guns. and most likely many guns... but never TOO MANY guns.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I recognize that vault of guns was Charlton Heston's - may his honorable soul rest in piece.

I didn't think you could have too many guns...my wife, however, would be arguing the other side of the coin. :banghead:

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Texas Patriot -- I hear you ---its hard to imagine having too many 1911's, and a matched pair of anything is kinda cool.......

Matched pairs are good, but it is a good idea to have a slight change from one to the next. Example would be an AK with a fixed stock, then an AK with a folding stock. Or an AR A2 model then an M4 type model. That way when the significant other asks, "why did you get 2 of the same gun"?, then you can honestly answer, "they are not the same gun, only slightly similar".

But matched pairs are good too, if you can get away with it.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I recognize that vault of guns was Charlton Heston's - may his honorable soul rest in piece.

Cool, the pictures were sent to me in an email and did not say who owned them. He had quite a collection. I hope his collection went to a museum or someone who will really appreciate and take care of these guns.

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Wait...

Too many?

I don't understand the question.

(says the man with one gun...I hate how my economic conditions don't meet my wants.)

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Wait...

Too many?

I don't understand the question.

(says the man with one gun...I hate how my economic conditions don't meet my wants.)
    Agreed. Right now I'm sitting at a pistol, 2 rifles, and a shotty. I would really like more, but school drains money...

sar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Huh. My wife and I seem to come up with different numbers for "too many!"

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Agreed. Right now I'm sitting at a pistol, 2 rifles, and a shotty. I would really like more, but school drains money...

A good family friend called me up last night. He has three Sig 229s, and I was hoping he was going to say he'd like to sell me one. No, he just invited me to go shopping with him at the next two gun shows here...

I finally understand what my mother and girlfriend are talking about now.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Rest assured, within the next 4 years 1 will probably be deemed too many. On the flip side, great recruiting tool.... Join the Military, its the only place you can legally enjpy your Second Ammendmant RIGHT....

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Rest assured, within the next 4 years 1 will probably be deemed too many. On the flip side, great recruiting tool.... Join the Military, its the only place you can legally enjpy your Second Ammendmant RIGHT....

Except Obama will be like Clinton and close down more military bases.

I think we've all came to the same conclusion on this. There are never too many guns or Magazines. Not in any of our vocabulary. LOL.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    No, that doesn't mean you have too many guns.

It just means you have too small a vehicle, or need a new trailer.

That's funny. I could just see the rear end of my jeep dragging the ground now LOL.

I just picked up a Winchester Model 94AE .30-30 LA Rifle this weekend at Cabelas for $275. So now I'm starting a Winchester rifle collection.

Top Bottom