How many handguns can I buy, via Gunbroker/FFL, in a given time?

Shady

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 24, 2013
I think its 47,325 at one time.

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 19, 2021
Austin
Two ways to go about adding multiple firearms to your personal collection while seeking smallest big brother involvement as possible.

1. Run one transaction with multiple 4473s that gets reported to the ATF as a multi purchase

2. Space your 4473 transfers out 5 days apart

Which one is less of a blip on ATFs radar?

Last edited:

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 19, 2021
Austin
You still have to fill out a 4473, they aren't required to call it in. Paperwork remains with the FFL unless requested by the ATF. LTC means there already has been a background check made.
How long does it take to get an LTC? Just an online class?

Renegade

SuperOwner
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Or buy from different gun shops using your LTC where it doesn't get called in??

4473 or NICS is not the trigger, 2 or more in 5 days from same FFL is. So yeah, different stores works LTC or not.

Of course interesting to see if they are secretly keeping db of NICS transactions and can see across stores.

Any volunteers?

easy rider

Shed Renovator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
How long does it take to get an LTC? Just an online class?
In 2015 when I got my first Texas LTC it took mine 7 weeks after taking the classroom and range course, of course, I had gotten mine quicker than most. I've heard it takes about a month nowadays.

They didn't have online courses back then, but I would imagine you still would have to do a range score of, I believe, 175 out of 250 possible to pass.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Lost
Two ways to go about adding multiple firearms to your personal collection while seeking smallest big brother involvement as possible.

1. Run one transaction with multiple 4473s that gets reported to the ATF as a multi purchase

2. Space your 4473 transfers out 5 days apart

Which one is less of a blip on ATFs radar?
Personally, on the few occasions I have bought multiple pistols from one FFL, them filling out an extra document isn't something I really gave a second thought.

I wasn't buying to resell, or using them for any illegal purposes, so why worry about it. Even if they were not required to fill out the Form 3310-4 for multiple pistol purchases, they already have them listed on a Form 4473.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 24, 2021
Roanoke, TX
If you purchase a handgun at Able Gun Store, go a couple of streets over and purchase another hangun a Bravo Gun Store, and then buy another at Charlie Gun Store and use your LTC, the 4473's stay at those three are not reported (called into NICS) to the BATFE because they are single sales, not multiple. You are off of the radar.

Top Bottom