• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Cleaned up my older Winchester Defender 1300 to sell since I recently bought a Benelli M3 and M4. Now I’m having second thoughts. Pumps are getting a premium but I forgot how great they look with og wood stocks without a pistol grip. Also the one piece extended mag tube just gives it clean lines. Was lucky enough to get one of the ONG Remington 870 folders when they went up for sale several years ago. So I was originally thinking 4 defense shotguns is too many, but now I’m like I don’t not need 4 of them....
    E3C90336-B609-43EA-A0CB-5F847852EFC1.jpeg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    HD shotguns....there's at least 6 around here, including 2 KSG's. Got my super-shorty 12 pump, a coupla sawed-off shotties (12, 20 an' a 410), and likely a couple more if I really cared to think about it.

Who "needs" 'em? Who cares? lol

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Cleaned up my older Winchester Defender 1300 to sell...
    I've mentioned it before but you're new so you may not know and your picture is the perfect prompt for me to tell the story again.

My mom loved shotguns. She never spent more than $100 for a gun at a garage sale but she aggressively looked for guns at yard sales. I know I have two of those Winchesters; I may have three. Knowing mom got them all for probably $50 each kinda warms my heart these days.

Well, that and the $50 or $100 Colt .32 revolver and the $40 no-name 12 ga SxS and, well, let's just say "a few more".

Come to think of it, when it comes to guns I wish I was half as smart as my mom was. To wit:
    • Back when we lived in a more isolated location, when I was a kid, on every trip into San Antonio for supplies she'd buy 1000 rounds of .22LR.
      • "You can never have too much .22LR."
    • She was the one who convinced me to buy my SKS and encouraged me to get several.
      • "It's a functional, reliable semi-auto rifle that shoots cheap ammo for $70. You should buy a half dozen."
    • She insisted I go to Academy and get at least one 1000-round box every time aluminum Blazer 9mm went on sale for $3/box.
      • "Isn't that the caliber you shoot the most? Didn't you say that was cheaper than you could reload it? Well, then you can never have enough."

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Me too. I just have the Mossberg 500 Watchdog. Might like to have a Remington 870 though.

Surplus Guy,

GT DISTRIBUTORS often have Model 870 police-surplus shotguns at GREAT PRICES.
    (In 2020, I bought one at the Austin store, in "near mint" condition, for 175.oo. = That day, they had over a dozen 870s in "perfectly acceptable" condition from 150-225.oo.)

yours, satx

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cleaned up my older Winchester Defender 1300 to sell since I recently bought a Benelli M3 and M4. Now I’m having second thoughts. Pumps are getting a premium but I forgot how great they look with og wood stocks without a pistol grip. Also the one piece extended mag tube just gives it clean lines. Was lucky enough to get one of the ONG Remington 870 folders when they went up for sale several years ago. So I was originally thinking 4 defense shotguns is too many, but now I’m like I don’t not need 4 of them.... View attachment 241713
    One really cool thing about this model is it will shoot 1-3/4 shorty shells without having to use an adapter. If you decide to sell it, you are selling a shotgun capable of holding 12 rounds. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've mentioned it before but you're new so you may not know and your picture is the perfect prompt for me to tell the story again.

My mom loved shotguns. She never spent more than $100 for a gun at a garage sale but she aggressively looked for guns at yard sales. I know I have two of those Winchesters; I may have three. Knowing mom got them all for probably $50 each kinda warms my heart these days.

Well, that and the $50 or $100 Colt .32 revolver and the $40 no-name 12 ga SxS and, well, let's just say "a few more".

Come to think of it, when it comes to guns I wish I was half as smart as my mom was. To wit:
    • Back when we lived in a more isolated location, when I was a kid, on every trip into San Antonio for supplies she'd buy 1000 rounds of .22LR.
      • "You can never have too much .22LR."
    • She was the one who convinced me to buy my SKS and encouraged me to get several.
      • "It's a functional, reliable semi-auto rifle that shoots cheap ammo for $70. You should buy a half dozen."
    • She insisted I go to Academy and get at least one 1000-round box every time aluminum Blazer 9mm went on sale for $3/box.
      • "Isn't that the caliber you shoot the most? Didn't you say that was cheaper than you could reload it? Well, then you can never have enough."
    Your mom sounds like someone I could drink a beer with.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    One really cool thing about this model is it will shoot 1-3/4 shorty shells without having to use an adapter. If you decide to sell it, you are selling a shotgun capable of holding 12 rounds. ;)
    I didn’t know this, I tried them in a 870 and had issues with flipping 180 degrees in the action, seen videos of the benelli having issues cycling them

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I didn’t know this, I tried them in a 870 and had issues with flipping 180 degrees in the action, seen videos of the benelli having issues cycling them
    Mossberg 500 series ( includes 590s) with Opsol adapter and they work fine.

the 1300 is the only one I know of that they work in without mods. Wish I had kept mine

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom