Lynx Defense

How many LTC folks are actively carrying around you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    If I could carry at work I would. Problem is I work at a school and there are all sorts of new problems legally that presents if I go against the employer's desire that I do not carry. Can't even keep my gun in my car! I am thinking about parking off of campus and keeping my gun in the car, but it's a hefty walk because of the location of the school.
    Same here, but I wouldn't carry there due to the students I work with. However, the Legislature took care of the school parking lot issue this session.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Same here, but I wouldn't carry there due to the students I work with. However, the Legislature took care of the school parking lot issue this session.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have not seen any bill pass in the legislature that allows us to keep our firearms in our car. If you can link me to it I'd be grateful.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Why would an employee feel the need to carry when surrounded by carriers?

Might be because they can’t afford to wait while someone comes to their aid if there is trouble. Or that they like to paddle their own canoe. Probably the same logic that people drive their own cars and not take the city bus.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Might be because they can’t afford to wait while someone comes to their aid if there is trouble. Or that they like to paddle their own canoe. Probably the same logic that people drive their own cars and not take the city bus.
    Agreed, for my peace of mind I would rather not rely on others with my life.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You're joking, right? Using that logic, why would anyone feel the need to carry when at least 4% of the people you're around are carrying?
    OR, using the liberal view, we have police and military to protect us. I have yet to see the cavalry show at just the right time as in the movies.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

Late at night in the smaller police departments the "civilian employees" SHOULD carry as oftentimes there may be no other armed personnel on premises.

yours, satx
    I believe if you're a law abiding citizen there shouldn't be any place prohibited, the criminals certainly don't pay attention to rules.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I believe if you're a law abiding citizen there shouldn't be any place prohibited, the criminals certainly don't pay attention to rules.

easy rider,

AGREED 100%. = Long ago when I was a city marshal, the SOLE person routinely in our office between Midnight & 0700 was a single 50+ YY female dispatcher.
    (We issued her a Model 97 riot-gun loaded with #1 buckshot & a Colt's Police Positive Special for her self-defense.)

I was always worried that the door might be broken open & "something untoward" might happen to Julia before our "Midnight Deputy" could respond to her radio call.
    (Thankfully, nothing like that ever happened.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom