• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    ROFLMAO... I'm sure anyone reporting to the Texas Comptroller's office trying to pay this tax would get a weird look from the clerk, as he/she flips through a book and see's if it really exist :)

Maybe Medium to larger businesses might end up paying this tax to keep a clean record.. but your Average Joe? C'mon really?

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    My thoughts to. Just seems like a big try at a money grab or leverage against a dissident at a later date. I dont really know, but it is stupid. I like the part about buying in a locale that charges less tax and then you owe the remainder of the higher tax to tour locale. Sheesh.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Just another way for the thieves in the government to steal more money from us. I live 30 miles from Ontario Oregon who don't have a sales tax, so I do a lot of shopping over there. Don't buy a car over there though cause as soon as it leaves the sate of Oregon and is registered in any state that has a sales tax, guess what they tax you for it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hmm, if I have to pay more tax when I buy in an area with lower taxes than where I live, that means if I buy something in an area with higher taxes, I expect a refund!

CA had the "use tax" BS, too. They had a spot for it on the income tax return form...

Thor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N Central Texas
    Seems to me that since I have returned to Texas that Texas has been overrun by greedy people in it's government. I'd expect to see this crap pulled in Minnesota, California or Virginia, where, I've been stationed. I wonder just how long it will be until Texas imposes a personal state income tax?? I'm sorely disappointed in my homeland. :mad:

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    We should apply for refunds on the tax we paid in the big city when we liv in rural texas. One could get a PO Box in BFE and use that for the basis of our application. I'm sure they would get right on that.

Top Bottom