How many of you have LTC’s from other states?

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
Second amendment.
It might be questionable, but I stay well under radar.
So far, so good.
BTW. I avoid 3rd world shitholes.

Rusty Shackleford

My trucks a rockin', don't come a knockin'.
Dec 3, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello everyone, just moved to Texas and am trying to go through the process of getting a CHL. Was thinking of getting the Virginia license since it will also allow me to conceal carry in multiple states, from what I understand. I was wondering though, and can’t find the answer for this. Texas requires you to have a concealed carry license to legally open carry a handgun, will the Virginia concealed carry license make it legal and ok for me to open carry a handgun in Texas? Thanks.

MrNiceGuy

Oct 24, 2020
San Antonio
Had a ND concealed I just let it expire this yr and got the TC LTC. I had the class 2 from ND so it only had I think 24 reciprocal states. Class 1 of course has more.

oohrah

Jul 24, 2013
Heart O' Texas
Was IL an easy process? Is it only difficult in chit town?
IL requires a 16 hour class from a IL certified instructor, but you don't have to take the class in IL. there used to be two certified instructors in TX, but I heard one moved away (the one I used), and the other no longer teaches. You also don't need to submit fingerprints, but it makes the approval longer, and IL only allows you to go to their vendor in IL. And as someone mentioned, it is expensive. If you spend a lot of time in IL, it might be worth it.

I should also note that IL only recognizes four states as "substantially similar" to apply for a non-resident license, which does include Texas. And, 8 hours of the training is waived if you are a veteran.

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
Illinois, Iowa, Arizona and Tx. Letting Illinois expire.
Depending on what Ilinois State congress does, if you let it expire you may not be able to get it again if you ever need it again. Although, it is another $300 and one has to take a 4 hr renewal class. Which of course is a PiTA.

but I am working on getting my Illinois LTC teaching certification so I can teach Illinois classes in Texas

Top Bottom