ARJ Defense ad

How many other cities/towns will follow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Let's look at this.

Deerfield, Illinois has a median income of $107,000. Located 25 miles north of Chicago. Total area of the town is 5.6 square miles. Top employer is Walgreens. Estimated population, 19,000.

It's a rich suburb of one of the most violent cities in the U.S.. Banning semi-auto won't amount to anything. Seems the rich are getting more scared by the day. I wish them luck on the city ordinance.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Think this through with me guys...this coming from a place where you have to have a state issued special FOID card just to buy a box of 22 ammo..

There is no hope ....them & feed em fishheads...

Reactions: MTA

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    I must have done something bad in a past life because God will not let me leave the communist state of IL. The state is passing all types of crazy laws that they believe will stop "gun crime". The problem is 90% of the shootings in IL take place in Chicago. So the politicians from Chicago that control IL impose there will on the rest of the state. Mean while the bangers on the West & South Side could careless about the law.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I must have done something bad in a past life because God will not let me leave the communist state of IL. The state is passing all types of crazy laws that they believe will stop "gun crime". The problem is 90% of the shootings in IL take place in Chicago. So the politicians from Chicago that control IL impose there will on the rest of the state. Mean while the bangers on the West & South Side could careless about the law.

Those politicians and the gang bangers are in cahoots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Based on this it sounds like air guns would be banned too. Something like an FX Impact big bore air rifle looks similar to an AR, is black and has a 16 round capacity. But a Red Ryder BB gun in co2 would fit that bill too.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I am assuming Illinois doesnt have pre-emption laws?
    I would be interested in the answer to this also. I read somewhere that they do - if so I'm not sure how this stands a prayer of holding up. But it also seems that Chicago can have its own set of restrictions, so I don't know.

In any event, judges are now literally making it up as they go so what does it matter what the law actually says?

And if this holds up in Illinois, what's to stop a certain lunatic liberal city in Texas (/cough Austin cough/) from following suit and challenging it here?

Another question is does Illinois have a gun registry? How else will they know who has these things and doesn't turn them in?

This will not end well.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180404/nra-to-support-guns-save-life-in-illinois-lawsuit

Fairfax, Va. — The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) today announced support for a lawsuit brought by Guns Save Life challenging the Village of Deerfield, Illinois’ gun confiscation ordinance. The lawsuit challenges Deerfield’s recent attempt to criminalize so-called “assault weapons” and “high capacity magazines” within village limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom