how many people got the hurricane ike letter

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by robertl1974, Oct 3, 2008.

1. robertl1974

robertl1974 New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx
    (this letter is to inform you of an unforeseen delay with processing of your conceald handgun application

due to catastrophic events and aftermath of hurricane ike obtaining the required field investigation results for the counties located in the gulf coast area will be delayed for an unknown period of time while disaster recovery efforts are underway the department remains hopeful that these delays will be minnimal ; however a specific time frame for processing is not available at this time. we regret any inconvenience this may caused and appreciate your understanding in this matter:lolz::mad:
    no telling how long i have to wait now

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I had not considered the impact that damage would have on the backgrounds......

3. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I got that letter. Grrrr!

4. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    That is why I sent in any court records that might have affected my background check....

5. noelnkeith

noelnkeith New Member

May 3, 2008
    Blanco, TX
    Got mine yesterday, we'll see.

6. Cyfer

Cyfer Active Member

May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, fiance and I recieved the same letter on Friday. Turned in our CHL documents late in June.

7. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

That will definitely save time if the in person background discovers anything. Unfortunately, even with you sending in records they are required to do the in person investigations.

8. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Im with you cyfer I turned in my app on june 17

9. jones creek kid

jones creek kid New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    I never got the letter but i have been waiting forever. i did screw up back in april when i took the class and sent info off i didn't sign the back of one of the pics. so i got that back and have resent it back in July but still no CHL in the mail:banghead:

10. robertl1974

robertl1974 New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx
    good news i just called them and they said i should be getting it in the mail real soon hopefully this week :fighting0002: