Military Camp

How many people will lose their jobs at CNN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    OK1.jpeg

Will that be Nick Sandmann, or Kyle Rittenhouse?

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Wonder when it is set take ownership
    This article has more details, but no firm date. From my own experiences of witnessing a multi-billion dollar merger take place, I know the timing of the merger depends on:

1. Clearing the legal and regulatory hurdle, whatever governing body is involved has to go through a finding to determine the merger won’t create a monopoly.
    2. After that there logistical planning of how to merge the entities and how many people will be laid off from which entity (eliminating redundant positions/roles).
    3. Then an official transition takes place, but usually there are additional details still be worked on/ironed out.

I think it took close to a year and a half, to almost two years after the merger/acquisition was announced before all the pieces were in place. Legal and regulatory was about a 4-6 month process. So without knowing where they stand in the process, I don’t know if there’s a way to tell.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My guess is not enough will get the axe. For sure Jeff Zucker gets axed, Toobin, Lemon, Acosta, "Fredo", Gupta, and Van Jones all need to go. Zakaria also needs axed, along with Tapper and Axelrod. They're all idiots who spread lies.

IF Malone's influence is strong enough to turn them around, they have to clean house and make it clear - defamatory statements, lies, and spinning fiction as truth won't be tolerated.

We'll see if THAT ever happens.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My guess is not enough will get the axe. For sure Jeff Zucker gets axed, Toobin, Lemon, Acosta, "Fredo", Gupta, and Van Jones all need to go. Zakaria also needs axed, along with Tapper and Axelrod. They're all idiots who spread lies.

IF Malone's influence is strong enough to turn them around, they have to clean house and make it clear - defamatory statements, lies, and spinning fiction as truth won't be tolerated.

We'll see if THAT ever happens.
    Honestly, I really don't have any high expectations of any of that happening, regardless of what he says is going to happen.

IOW's, I'll believe it, when I see it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Chuckle head is correct here. I've read in an industry report, cant find it now, the only people safe are the legacy news folks who didnt go full retard on all the anti Republican bullshit. I.e. completely wrong on everything and didnt give a shit.

Zuker, le'mon, fredo, and seltzer are definitely gone. Non have any legs to stand on ratings wise. Fredo should have already been fired ove the fake covid lockdown in home bullshit at least. Add to that the questionable bs with h it s brother.

Dom le'mon is a sexual predator who would have been fired already if his victims wernt male.

Zuker and seltzer have been caught on tape being anything but objective news people too many times.

But as axxe said I'll believe it when I see it.

MSNBC is heading into negative territory viewer wise. I would love to see a reckoning over there too.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    In order to hit that goal, he'd have to fire everyone and start fresh. It's not just the anchors, it's the entire organization that's gone hard left. Producers, research staff, writers, directors...I mean, maybe the sound crew and the camera operators could stay...

Then again, if he started fresh, who could he hire? They've been teaching that bias in journalism schools for decades now.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    In order to hit that goal, he'd have to fire everyone and start fresh. It's not just the anchors, it's the entire organization that's gone hard left. Producers, research staff, writers, directors...I mean, maybe the sound crew and the camera operators could stay...

Then again, if he started fresh, who could he hire? They've been teaching that bias in journalism schools for decades now.

There's a movement in journalists across the country quitting these "mainstream" organizations because they lost the plot and abandoned journalism for activism. There are probably enough right now that would jump on IF the idea was to commit to real journalism, without the biases, without the producers holding stories because it makes one side or the other look bad, or doesn't fit an agenda.

We'll see IF any real change happens.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

That would be my thinking as well. IF what he's saying is true, trying to get back to "real" journalism, it's the only way he could ever achieve that goal, or even just coming close. Firing everyone and starting out with all new people.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    >
    Sadly, CNN is what most of the outside world sees and "knows" of the USA.

When I speak seriously with foreigners, I start way back and detail how media evolved voluntarily into lie factories via serial compound self-delusions.

leVieux
    Which countries are the foreigners you speak to coming from?

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    Don't you believe it! It'll never happen. Fresh face, same crap.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    cnn - An 'organ' of the left.

I'll believe they've reverted back to actual journalism when (as Sasquatch noted) they clean house of these commies: Jeff Zucker Toobin, Lemon, Acosta, "Fredo", Gupta, and Van Jones and many, many others of the other leftist political hacks still employed by cnn who currently continue to spew their idiotic anti-American fulmination/lies and utterly illogically stupid ideas.

Last edited:

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    >
    Sadly, CNN is what most of the outside world sees and "knows" of the USA.

When I speak seriously with foreigners, I start way back and detail how media evolved voluntarily into lie factories via serial compound self-delusions.

leVieux
    True.

Third world countries and colonial mentality.

Like Ewoks when they saw C3PO for the first time.

Top Bottom