• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'm with the GZ MANN on this.

I carry a 1911. One spare mag. 16rds of 230gr CorBon love...

Should be able to retrieve their weaponry by that point...

For the revolver guys. I have shot more revolvers/ammo in revolvers than most any ten folk. (or hundred?)...

Try reloading a revolver whilst rolling on the ground....in a "panic mode"....

Gun Zone Deals

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm with the GZ MANN on this.

I carry a 1911. One spare mag. 16rds of 230gr CorBon love...

Should be able to retrieve their weaponry by that point...

For the revolver guys. I have shot more revolvers/ammo in revolvers than most any ten folk. (or hundred?)...

Try reloading a revolver whilst rolling on the ground....in a "panic mode"....
    Why not 17? 1+8+8 Or are you one of those empty chamber guys?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Why not 17? 1+8+8 Or are you one of those empty chamber guys?
    8 rd mags.

1 + 7 + 8...

Even with WILSON mags have found the 8rd mags to be utterly reliable with the 1 + 7 configuration...

Some of the other makers? Second round may/may not feed 100% of the time....with the 1 + 8 mode...

Have a number of WILSON mags....(try to get them when on sale)....Like that Wilsons can easily be dismantled for cleaning.

Sure hope I never need 17!!

Speaking with Mssr. Ayoob this past June? He states that even in a "legit" shoot? Expect legal fees of $100,000 per round expended...

And "God Help You! If you hit a bystander."

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    8 rd mags.

1 + 7 + 8...

Even with WILSON mags have found the 8rd mags to be utterly reliable with the 1 + 7 configuration...

Some of the other makers? Second round may/may not feed 100% of the time....with the 1 + 8 mode...

Have a number of WILSON mags....(try to get them when on sale)....Like that Wilsons can easily be dismantled for cleaning.

Sure hope I never need 17!!

Speaking with Mssr. Ayoob this past June? He states that even in a "legit" shoot? Expect legal fees of $100,000 per round expended...

And "God Help You! If you hit a bystander."
    If the mags aren’t 100% reliable in every configuration they become range mags or trash. There was an instance where a mag went to another forum member because it wasn’t reliable in my Kimber but it was reliable in his S&W 1911.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Ahhhh.....

All my Wilson mags are reliable...

prefer ...........the "extra slot" on the 8 rounder...This works with most mags.......(gives me the "warm fuzzy")

Either way.....16rds of .45 caliber love?

Should allow for me to either sieze some one else's bang stick?

Or? Vamoose....

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    True. Yet that doesn't change their observation. (They don't really advise not carrying spare ammo; they just say it's not needed.) Even if it's the good guy who loses his magazine, just getting the gun out and firing one shot always causes the bad guys to scatter like roaches when the light comes on.

I can think of cases they've shown where a reload could have been necessary if the fight had continued, e.g. the vehicle-to-vehicle shooting that happened with the victim in the new Ford Lightning. The good guy was stuck because the active safety systems in the truck shut down the truck rather than allow him to ram the vehicle in front or jump a curb to escape the incoming bullets. He was stuck and couldn't move. He might have conceivably needed a great volume of continuing fire if the bad guys had gotten out of their vehicle to finish the job. But that didn't happen. The bad guys emptied their guns, hitting nothing that they wanted to hit, and then peeled outta there.

In civilian street shootings, no one ever wants to stick around long enough for anyone to reload.

Big caveat - If the Jalisco New Generation drug cartel ever manages to gain a foothold in Texas, their modus operandi will cause me to reject my current way of thinking. We'll see long firefights because they really, really love sticking around and killing lots of people. If that happens, I'll stop carrying zero reloads and start carrying more than one.

Again, more as a spare part rather than spare ammo. Otherwise, that one shot is all you get.....unless you have a magazine safety.

Top Bottom