• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktaylor966

Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    This is a commonly asked question, how much is ammo is enough? Springfield Amory wrote up an article on this and even featured Magholder, let us know what you think below.

I don’t carry a spare mag. I carry a spring-assist knife instead, as my backup.

DougC

Well-Known
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Always worthwhile to read comments on this forum be they funny, wise, silly, gross, entertaining. We are an interesting audience of each other.

Here's another two cents from Massad Ayood on this subject of "...how many bullets do you really need? Today, are 6, 7, or 8 rounds enough? [He] takes into account many current factors that led him to believe that the more rounds the better."

He makes a lot sense for me (I took his pistol class many years ago in McKinney) so in the past I have depending on which gun I carry 20-39 rounds. After hearing Massad comments I think higher capacity mags should be on my Christmas short list.

If more ammo is better would you go for more mags total or switch to ones with higher round count?

BTW: here is an interesting story of the
    LEO who carries 145 rounds.

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).jpg
      ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).jpg
      249.8 KB · Views: 56

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Always worthwhile to read comments on this forum be they funny, wise, silly, gross, entertaining. We are an interesting audience of each other.

Here's another two cents from Massad Ayood on this subject of "...how many bullets do you really need? Today, are 6, 7, or 8 rounds enough? [He] takes into account many current factors that led him to believe that the more rounds the better."

He makes a lot sense for me (I took his pistol class many years ago in McKinney) so in the past I have depending on which gun I carry 20-39 rounds. After hearing Massad comments I think higher capacity mags should be on my Christmas short list.

If more ammo is better would you go for more mags total or switch to ones with higher round count?

Half a F'N combat load for a side arm for a LEO? 2 15 round magazines for a total of 45 should be fine if it's heavier than that they have carbines in their cars now.

ktaylor966

Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    This is a commonly asked question, how much is ammo is enough? Springfield Amory wrote up an article on this and even featured Magholder, let us know what you think below.

For one I am an LEO, a Sheriff Deputy covering rural areas. I am issued a Glock model 45 and I carry 3 magazines loaded to 17 rounds. I have one extra loaded magazine in my duffle bag. My long guns are a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with non-lethal rubber ball rounds (lethal if aiming for the head) and an AR-15 with two 30-rd magazines. That's it. I cannot imagine needing anything than this. If I run out of ammo in an extreme "hollywood-ish" type of gun fight, and lose my life in the line of duty in the service of others, then I believe I've earned my place in Heaven. That's my Faith talking.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

While I believe that large cap magazines are seriously over-stressed today for non-military uses, I try to carry mags w/ at least 45 rounds, in addition to what is in my pistol. My adult kids 7 GK’s say thyat I “clank when I walk”.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

145 is a lot if just for pistol...

I've got 52 pistol rounds on me and 140rnds 75gn speer Gold Dot for my AR on hand. (20 in the gun, 2x30 on my PC and 2x30 in a backpack)

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Top Bottom