• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Stack it deep and stack it cheap in non-lean times...

I overheard a neighbor speaking to his wife/girlfriend, WAY LOUDER outside than they should have been speaking, after the 'Rona kicked in, and the convo went something like this:
    Look what I got!
    What is that?
    "Box of 9 millimeter" or "9 millimeter ammunition"... (I can't remember which phrase was used.)
    Why did you get so many?
    It's only a box of 20 (or was it 25, so SD/HD ammo I assume)...

I assume that is ALL they had, in the middle of a Pandemic...
    SADMAC
    :(

A reloading press prior to panic, and reloading components that one can reload for WAY cheaper than retail ammo is a good thing to have, and I wasn't panicking about not having ammo... I was rolling my own, hundreds of rounds a day, easy, prior to the election.

Although I had to buy primers on credit during non-lean times, but 5k at a time, on sale, put my in a much better position than the neighbors mentioned above. Even jacketed 9mm can be reloaded for down to about $0.10ish/rd, which is about 1/3 the price of retail PRE-COVID prices in Commiefornia. I was even able to swap some primers for powder which was in short supply, and the barter deal went for about pre-covid rates on both ends, even-steven.

Last edited:

6&10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2021
    Texas
    Please don't think at least 2 things: 1) That the internet gives one anonymity. 2) That government agencies do not monitor these forums

20 years ago, a skilled operator could find out virtually everything about an internet poster (within a half-hour), while monitoring the forums for sedition & other perceived threats to the government.

Technology has progressed, in the government's favor.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Please don't think at least 2 things: 1) That the internet gives one anonymity. 2) That government agencies do not monitor these forums

20 years ago, a skilled operator could find out virtually everything about an internet poster (within a half-hour), while monitoring the forums for sedition & other perceived threats to the government.

If they don't like what I have to say, they are more than welcome to visit me and we can talk it over!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I have bought so much ammo on line in the last 10 years I think there might be 2 commas in the number. I am pretty sure between 4473 multiple purchases, NFA, multiple firearms instructor licenses through the state, hunting licenses in at least 3 states a year, carry permit, etc, big brother knows my shooting habits pretty well.:roflfunny:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have .22 cal analog weapons for most of mine. Glock 19 and Glock 44, Ruger Vaquero and Cimmaron 1973 Cattleman in .22lr, AR15 and a dedicated .22LR version of it, Henry lever in .45 Colt and Henry lever in .22. Shoot the .22's mostly and then a few rounds in the large calibers to refresh with those. I have a boatload of .22 and a pretty good supply of all other calibers. With 25k of .22 and thousands of the other center fire rounds it works well for me. Plus I have everything to reload all center fire ammo too. But I bought most everything ammo related before COVID. The .454 Casull is the one exception. I traded for it as it was such a great deal. Had to buy 4 boxes along with the two it came with. Now it is $2 to $3 a round. I have to get dies and stuff to reload for it.

Chaparral

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    30N 95W
    How long do you anticipate an ammo shortage lasting? How much do you want/need to continue shooting through such a shortage? Answer those two questions for yourself and you will know how much ammo you need to keep on hand.

Reactions: gll

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Prices are coming down. I just bought 12 gage ammo at Walmart for the same price I paid in 2019; $.22 per round. 9mm ammo purchased online in recent months has come down from $.40 per rd to $.30-.33 per rd (steel and brass respectively). My best purchased price for 9mm was $.18 per rd brass in 2019. Maybe we will get close to that number again.;)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I was at academy in Georgetown last night.. chalk full of 223 but for way too much money which is why it was stacked everywhere. They didn't have much else yet. I assume the 9mm is being bought up or it's not being delivered in the same quantities.

I'm not paying 72 cpr for 223

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom