• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wonder if I can claim that disorder and get some of y'all's money.....

I don't think it's any secret that caffeine can cause withdrawal symptoms. I got a day without a Dr Pepper and get a headache by mid afternoon. I also know if I avoided Dr Pepper for a week or so it would go away and I would probably sleep much better.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Iused to be a caffiene addict. A hour without would give me headaches, much more and I got much worse. Gotvoff caffiene, but still have to have coffee. No headaches, but I still get mean when I dont get it. Much better now, down to about 15 20oz cups a day. Better than 15 to 20 pots a day. just one more disorder... :banghead:

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I used to drink Monster Energy drinks pretty religiously. When I realized I was hooked, I would take a week off. First my fingers and lips would start tingling for days at a time. Then I would get very irritable. Then...calm, and felt healthier.

Then I'd go back to drinking them again and repeat it all over. The final line for me was when one day I was just standing in the shop and got a killer pain to my kidneys that knocked me on my ass. I quit Monsters shortly after and rarely drink them since then.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Knew for years caffiene was addictive. Without it, got mean, sometimes violent but never hit anyone. Did ruin a pipe tobacco can and a few walls. Drink enough and even without the caffiene you still crave the taste. Almost as bad

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    From OP link: "Juliano advises that caffeine consumption should be limited to no more than 400 mg per day or the equivalent of about two to three 8-oz cups of coffee for healthy adults."

I am way above that by 9am, but I stop after that - no more the rest of the day.

Much better now, down to about 15 20oz cups a day. Better than 15 to 20 pots a day. just one more disorder...
    I can't believe the volume you are and did drink! At 15 20oz cups a day I would spend more time hitting the head than anything else.

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    The LD[SUB]50[/SUB] of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass or roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    KEbzDWS.gif

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    During a normal work day I drink two 12oz cups (which I guess is really three cups, lol), but I rarely drink on the weekends or when I'm on vacation. I have a work induced caffeine addiction :p

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm taking a particular supplement for weight loss at the moment. Basically I'm getting a total of 600mg of caffeine per day. After a couple months, no ill effects. At first it was a nice energy boost. I think that boost has worn off a bit already, but not in a manner that I feel like I've "crashed". I basically just feel like normal.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Only started gaining weight last year after surgery and sat on my ass for four months. Lots of caffiene over stimultes though, sometimes i will fall asleep drinking coffee. Used to knock a kid out with it at bedtime too. He was hyper, fall asleep virtually mid stride

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    When I wake up in the morning, I brew up some coffee and smoke two to three cigarettes before the first cup is empty.

As for second hand smoke, the dogs, cats, and bird show no signs of "second hand smoke disorder."

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When I wake up in the morning, I brew up some coffee and smoke two to three cigarettes before the first cup is empty.

As for second hand smoke, the dogs, cats, and bird show no signs of "second hand smoke disorder."

Sounds lke me. Only I drink coffee till I go to bed. Sleep like a rock too.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Only started gaining weight last year after surgery and sat on my ass for four months. Lots of caffiene over stimultes though, sometimes i will fall asleep drinking coffee. Used to knock a kid out with it at bedtime too. He was hyper, fall asleep virtually mid stride

Lol, In college, while working 50-60 hours a week. I used to fall asleep in class after sipping coffee and before swallowing it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Lol,know the feeling. Drink coffe all day at work. Sat down at a computer and fell out of the chair asleep. Scared the shit out of the two lafies on the other ones.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm a coffee freak. By the time I leave the house I finish a pot. When I get to work I drink a few more cups. Weekends same thing. I love it and will never give it up.

Top Bottom