DK Firearms

How Much Do You Pay for Internet Service?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I use only internet at 100 mps and unlimited land line telephone. When I started 3 years ago it was $59.95 a month. Not it is $94.95 a month because they keep passing along increases with no advance notice
    My neighbor has the same setup as me and he is paying $124.95!

How much are you guys paying for internet and phone?
    Those both sound like a bargain compared to what I pay. I'm paying Century Link $158.74 a month for phone and internet and 6/.5 mbps is the fastest I can get. I think the internet by itself is $59.95 before all the taxes and weird fees.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    My internet speed is 3mbs download and .5mbs upload for $70 a month. Plus the initial $200 for the radio and installation. It sucks but I won't switch to that starlink shit whenever its available.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My internet speed is 3mbs download and .5mbs upload for $70 a month. Plus the initial $200 for the radio and installation. It sucks but I won't switch to that starlink shit whenever its available.
    That's pitiful. My cell phone does better than that, much better. Do you have cell service? Unlimited download? My iPhone gets 23.6 down and .76 up on 4g as I type. You know how to make an iPhone into a hotspot? Pray for 5G.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Suddenlink is my only viable option, can’t do satellite, too slow for how much they want plus cloudy Weather issues.

I pay about $100 for 200 Mbps up and modem rental. I really need to get my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    That's pitiful. My cell phone does better than that, much better. Do you have cell service? Unlimited download? My iPhone gets 23.6 down and .76 up on 4g as I type. You know how to make an iPhone into a hotspot? Pray for 5G.

I do have cell service but only 12Gb of data split between the wife and I. We use Hotspot often but burn through a lot of data that way, especially when working on a computer. We looked into getting AT&T wireless internet but decided we wanted home and phone internet separate, so in case one stops working we can use the other.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    AT&T wireless normally limits mobile hotspot data to 10 GB per month. Even with the "unlimited" data plan.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We looked into getting AT&T wireless internet but decided we wanted home and phone internet separate, so in case one stops working we can use the other.
    Might be worth it to check to see whether they are indeed the same, I was reading about some 5G dedicated rollouts actually starting to get delivered. Still a chance there could be a shared failure though, since you'd be using the same provider and likely some of the same infrastructure.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    I got about another year until my contract is up for my home internet, so will be able to look all into it by then. I've always hated the idea of buying out of a contract, feels like paying for nothing. I've managed 5 years what's 1 more. Being able to stream again would be cool but I try not to what too much TV anyway.

joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston
    I used Windstream fiber 1gbps/1gbps with no monthly cap. $55/month for 1st year and $70/month after that. I've been with them for almost 3 years now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Some of y’all are making me jealous.

Using my phone as a hotspot I regularly get a blazing 128k download speed.

I’ve actually been told I’m “too far out” for dial up, lol.

Tried Satellite when Wild Blue was a thing and it was horrible.

Going to see how the StarLink thing plays out. Big promises, real world results will be interesting.

There’s a new wireless outfit attracting customers in the area, but I live closer to a creek bottom with a tree line on one side and a ridge on the other. I’m fairly pessimistic about the odds of them being able to hit a tower.

Still, I’d rather live here than the next town over with its population of nearly 3,000.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Going to see how the StarLink thing plays out. Big promises, real world results will be interesting.

There’s a new wireless outfit attracting customers in the area, but I live closer to a creek bottom with a tree line on one side and a ridge on the other. I’m fairly pessimistic about the odds of them being able to hit a tower.

Still, I’d rather live here than the next town over with its population of nearly 3,000.

Have you checked out HughesNet satellite internet? So far it's been pretty good for us. Usual problems with satellite, like heavy rain or clouds cutting reception, but the price was reasonable and it seems to work pretty good for our laptops, phones and Roku device.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Big tower?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    If you get a good signal from ATT phone device an option is the AT&T Wireless internet/voice device. My plan is $20 per month + $10 for purchase of the device. With this I get 150GB of data per month. I have yet to use it all in one month. Streams youtube, hulu and amazon prime with ease. Speed will vary somewhat due to network traffic, as of 5/2/20 at 12:02 PM getting an ookla speedtest Ping 30ms DL 20.25 Mbps and UL 26.11 Mbps. I have hit in excess of 50 Mbps Down and Up on occasion.

What I like about this device is I can hook a standard phone to this device for a "home" phone with voicemail. I have been well pleased with this device. Only one outage in nearly 2 yrs of use, nearby tower was being serviced, lasted about 30 minutes.

Variance 12:09 PM same day, Ping 31ms DL 40.62 Mbps UL 40.08 Mbps. this is the kind of difference you can expect.

Snappy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    I've been using Spectrum. Though I am on the intro price for the year $50/ for 200mbps. Near the year's end I'll have to see what else is out there though living in an apartment, I believe the manager told me its either Spectrum or AT&T.....

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    When we first moved in almost 4 years ago I contacted every provider including Vyve and was repeatedly told service wasn’t available at my residence. So I get what I can which wasn’t much by today’s standards. After struggling with 20 Mbps ($88/month) for 4 years I finally nail down a Vyve field tech a few weeks back that was working in the area. Good dude and asked him if he could come by while in the area and look over my place as to “why” everyone else has Vyve and I don’t. I’ve contacted Vyve no less that 3 separate times in regard to this to only be told it’s not available and it can’t be hooked up.

Well, I just wasn’t talking you the right people and they are great. They’re also going to take my lack of help up the chain to try and get it corrected (corporate issue). I should have 105 Mbps next week after they do a complete install include running underground cables to my house. The local manager told me this kind of install passes the cost of the install down to the consumer but after hearing my story he felt bad and said he would declare my install as a training season and I would receive the install at no cost. Sounds good. We’ll see what happens next week??

Edit: Cost is supposed to be $55 for 105 Mbps. I don’t know what the limit is yet but I got a feeling these guys are going to hook me up. I’ll let y’all know when we get this done & finalized.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom