• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Ive never been to a range before but Im planning my first time out. Im trying to figure out how much to plan to spend. There is a $5 new person fee, $12 to use the range, $15 to rent a couple guns ($10 for the first one and $5 for another one), and then the ammo. Im going to be renting a couple 9mm handguns to get a better idea of what I want to make as my first purchase. Also should I call ahead just to make sure they have ammo to buy or do they pretty much always have a supply of the more common kinds of ammo?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What range?

And usually you need to use a ranges ammo with their rentals, not to be discouraging, but the price is the price. Once we find out the range we might be able to help you further.

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Im planning on making a trip out to the one in Lockhart, I think its called lone star gun range

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Plenty of guys here go there, I am sure one of them will have an idea on ammo cost. You may have to give it a little but someone will know.

I've only heard good things about the place and I just looked at their rental list and there looks to be a few guns I would like to shoot side by side as well. Might have to plan a trip up that way.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    A couple of us will be there this weekend. Check out the Austin hometown thread.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    Several months ago I paid $32.00 for a box of 50 PPU FMJ ammo since I ran out and I was not ready to leave. I don't know if the price would be the same if you rent a gun. I imagine you will be spending over $100.00 Min if you get 2 box's of ammo.
    If you have never been to a gun range before do check with their personnel about the range rules and do practice gun safety since you may have other shooters within 1 1/2 feet of you.
    You will enjoy shooting at a range.
    :cool:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Plenty of guys here go there, I am sure one of them will have an idea on ammo cost. You may have to give it a little but someone will know.

I've only heard good things about the place and I just looked at their rental list and there looks to be a few guns I would like to shoot side by side as well. Might have to plan a trip up that way.

Only been there once. Decent place. The staff was great to our party. Can't help you on the ammo though, I never saw the prices.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just a small tip - their target holders are in the tan shipping containers. Just stroll over to a container and pull one out.

Peking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Definitely wanna call ahead and ask. The ammo prices vary for each range. Sometimes, you can wind up paying double for ammo.

Exactly, many ranges take that as their chance to make some extra cash (not knocking them since they have to stay in business) so def. check a head of time or shop around for prices so when you are there you can make a good decision if you want to pay to shoot the rentals and pay for their ammo.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Their guns, their ammo - it's a liability thing. If anything like the range I visited in Houston, it'll be white box reloads you buy. We were shooting 9mm & I think they were loaded well below factory. I mention this as you are renting to choose a pistol? You need to try with full factory loads. You also need to try at a range where you can at least do doubletap shooting. You don't test drive a Boss Mustang in the parking lot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom