How much is my 2000 Silverado worth?

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
I bought the truck in 2001 with 14K on the clock because it looked/worked fabulous and THEN discovered this year model had many problems. Well, not mine! As you can see it's +250K miles and has been relatively trouble free however, it's been parked since @ July '18. I've had many passersby ask about it and I sloughed them off but today, a married couple caught me at home and showed interest. I think it's time I get serious about selling.

PROS
- LS trim package
- Short bed, extended cab
- 5.3L, 4spd auto
- Snugtop fiberglass bedcover
- A/C has always been cold COLD, lines never even been cracked
- Motor turned freely last attempted start

CONS
- parked since @ July '18
- RR body damage (pic)
- "Heater" didn't work last time I tried, 99% sure it's a relay that controls a duct/door flapper thingy
- Never serviced the trans BUT, it has never failed either

KBB good condition value 4 22 2021.JPG

KBB fair condition value 4 22 2021.JPG

spin 4.jpg

20180630_180919.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
Feb 11, 2014
Flour Bluff, America
My dad bought an LT Z71 for 4K last year. My old roommate bought a 4x4 LS this year for 2500. My buddy sold his 4x4 with the port a rust for $500. 2wd you might get $1500-2k max

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
Mar 8, 2010
McKinney, TX
I'd also try and pound that dent out a bit. You can see what carvana will pay as well. They are typically a bit optimistic in their valuations.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Having it running, with a current inspection and detailed ask $4K. Just remember everyone wants something for nothing!
This here.^^^^

Not running, most people are going to low ball you on an offer. With it running, you have a much better chance at getting a much better offer and price.

What would it take to get it running?

Another suggestion. If you are really serious in selling, a good cleaning and detailing would help get a much better price as well.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
Apr 11, 2021
The sticks
What do you think it is worth? What is it worth to YOU? Ask yourself how much $ it would take to see it gone. Sell it like it is, and be done with it.. not your problem anymore.. It is hard for most of us to let go of something we have had a 20 year attachment to. It may be worth more to someone else than you think. Good Luck Sir.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Oct 25, 2015
Denton County
It's a pickup! If it runs without any obvious mechanical issues then the price starts at $2k and goes up to $4k depending on it's issues. If it doesn't run, $500 since the cost to get it running cannot be determined.

I sold my MIL old Ranger pickup several years ago. Single cab and completed faded out red but 200k miles and ran great. A lot of people wanted a cheap work truck and would low ball for $1k or less but I had no issue getting $2k. It was not pretty but it was dependable as a work truck.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics