How much should I ask for skanky Indonesian 380 ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I went to my ammo pile to dig out a box of 380 for a range trip, saw a partial half case of Herter's 95 gr FMJ I bought during the 1st ammo crisis I had forgotten about. This stuff was really dirty. One box of it had feed jams, another was perfect except for being dirty IIRC. This was back in 2010. Only shot it in my P3AT.

I have plenty of 380 for my one 380 pistola, so wasn't planning on shooting this anymore, the cleaning after not worth it to me. So it ended up forgotten. Was thinking of putting it up for sale, with full disclosure as to it's skankiness. With the current dearth of ammo, figured someone could use it for range fodder if they can't get hold of something better.

So what would be a fair price? I have 8 boxes of this crappola. Pics:

Herters box.jpg
    Herters FMJ.jpg
    DK Firearms

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Cheapest on ammoseek is 76 cpr. I've got a ton of .380 too. Nobody wants to buy. They just complain.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Cheapest on ammoseek is 76 cpr.
    Wow, didn't realize prices had gotten that high.

But I wouldn't sell this stuff for that much, was thinking of offering it up here to long time members for 30 cpr seeing as how it is low quality stuff. I think that's about what I paid for it back then.

If no takers, put it up elsewhere for maybe 50 cpr.

That might be equitable.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    I don't need any 380, but I think that someone who needs 380 practice ammo would gladly pay 30 cpr. I also think you get karma points for helping a fellow TGT'r out.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I don't have any experience with Herter's .380, but I shot a lot of it in .32 acp and it always went bang. A little dirty, perhaps.
    Since you asked, I would likely ask $25-$30 per 50 rds or use it for range ammo.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Wow, didn't realize prices had gotten that high.

But I wouldn't sell this stuff for that much, was thinking of offering it up here to long time members for 30 cpr seeing as how it is low quality stuff. I think that's about what I paid for it back then.

If no takers, put it up elsewhere for maybe 50 cpr.

That might be equitable.
    I will give you 50 cents for any pre 1964 quarters that you have. Obviously you would be stupid to accept my offer. Go with the going price because what you "give away" will possibly be sold to someone else at a profit. People who buy a $2000 1911 can buy a box of ammo.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Go with the going price because what you "give away" will possibly be sold to someone else at a profit.
    That's why I'd offer it 1st to long time members to try to avoid any recent joins just looking to flip.

edit: I put it up in classified section.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom