• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Doubt if they send 'em new ones. There are hundreds of A1 models in storage gathering dust because they've been replaced with A2's.
    This^^

Lots of the equipment being sent would simply be scrapped or used on a range as a target if it wasn't sent to someone who can really use it.

The dollars quoted is the new cost, not the actual value which is close to zero for things like Strikers etc...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Seems like there have been quite a few of these wars in my lifetime. Couple of big boys feeding arms and munitions to a couple of little boys just to see which one can outlast the other. A lot of money gets spent, a few people get ridiculously wealthy, and a lot of people suffer and die for absolutely nothing.

Don't they give out a prize for leaders who try to negotiate a peaceful solution? I think Theodore Roosevelt won one. Oh, yeah, now I remember; they changed that a few years ago to a participation trophy. Gave one to Obama his first few months in office.

I know - call me bitter or mean spirited or just whatever - but I'm at a point where I'm more upset about my tax dollars being wasted than on the number of suffering civilians.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Seems like there have been quite a few of these wars in my lifetime. Couple of big boys feeding arms and munitions to a couple of little boys just to see which one can outlast the other. A lot of money gets spent, a few people get ridiculously wealthy, and a lot of people suffer and die for absolutely nothing.

Don't they give out a prize for leaders who try to negotiate a peaceful solution? I think Theodore Roosevelt won one. Oh, yeah, now I remember; they changed that a few years ago to a participation trophy. Gave one to Obama his first few months in office.

I know - call me bitter or mean spirited or just whatever - but I'm at a point where I'm more upset about my tax dollars being wasted than on the number of suffering civilians.
    See, no one wants to really negotiate with Russia, because Russia will use it as a trap and kill the people you send. (They've done it before, including during their first incursion into Ukraine.)

Plus whatever peace terms Russia considers "acceptable" is pretty much guaranteed to be divorced from reality.

This is a long video, but worth the watch.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    We'll send a few of our oldest, most worn out Abrams. {The Abrahams is the Israeli export version.}

Probably would have been heading for the scrap pile. Probably will be of limited use due to support/logistics required.

Meanwhile Poland (and a couple of other countries) will be sending over tanks that will more useful to Ukraine in the long term.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    If you believe the news, they claim $6mil - $10mil including training and maintenance. No idea where those numbers came from but I suspect the new cost years back with inflation.

Top Bottom