• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Older vid but still good for education purposes.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    He is the ultimate Darwin Award winner! I hope to hell he's never had or ever will have kids. Don't want those genes screwing up the world gene pool.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    i dont see what the problem is

23udl6v.jpg

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Can someone please explain what caused the delay?

I had a ftf with my ar the other day (TulAmmo). Tap, rack, fte, no bang. Tried a few more times to eject and the case wouldn't budge. I took the upper off, removed the bcg and charging handle and proceeded to use cleaning rod to try and knock the case back out. At the time, I wasn't sure if round was live. I was freaked out the I was going to do something wrong and have a cleaning rod through my hand.

What is the recommended procedure to safely clear that type of malfunction so I don't end up like the guy in video?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Can someone please explain what caused the delay?

I had a ftf with my ar the other day (TulAmmo). Tap, rack, fte, no bang. Tried a few more times to eject and the case wouldn't budge. I took the upper off, removed the bcg and charging handle and proceeded to use cleaning rod to try and knock the case back out. At the time, I wasn't sure if round was live. I was freaked out the I was going to do something wrong and have a cleaning rod through my hand.

What is the recommended procedure to safely clear that type of malfunction so I don't end up like the guy in video?

Could be primer or could be contaminated powder. As far as clearing, muzzle down range for as long as possible. I'd give it a minute and if nothing, then with muzzle still in safe direction slowly extract the round and place it in a safe place (some ranges have a bucket for such rounds). If it won't extract and you have to knock it out, muzzle in safe direction, never look down bore, keep as much clear as possible.

sent from deep space

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Could be primer or could be contaminated powder. As far as clearing, muzzle down range for as long as possible. I'd give it a minute and if nothing, then with muzzle still in safe direction slowly extract the round and place it in a safe place (some ranges have a bucket for such rounds). If it won't extract and you have to knock it out, muzzle in safe direction, never look down bore, keep as much clear as possible.

sent from deep space

Yeah. That's what I did. I was just freaked out that my hand was in front of the barrel while I was trying to knock it out...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Yeah. That's what I did. I was just freaked out that my hand was in front of the barrel while I was trying to knock it out...

Unfortunately, I'd say your options are limited. Just leave it in a safe direction for as long as you feel comfortable. Remember that when you're doing this though, that you need to make sure it is supported ... Newton's 3rd law "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". So, if it's just sitting there unsupported and the round goes off, guess where that rifle is going. For me, if the round hasn't gone off in a minute or two, then most likely it won't, but that's NEVER a given, just a calculated risk that I'm willing to take at that point. You have to be the final judge in what is safe or not to you.

Top Bottom