• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    i been lazy on cleaning my guns. apparently im suppose to spend time with the wife and not molest my guns. *shrugs* its been forever since the springer got a bath. but she still spits out like a champ :D:p

Tell her that you'll wash and wax her car after you clean the Springer --not before.
    Capitol Armory ad

redintex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    I try to clean them each time I shoot. Can't honestly say that I do EVERY time, but I try to at least run a bore snake through to get me to the point when I do have time.

redintex

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    My theory about guns is if they have to be clean to function I don't want them. I clean mine when I get around to it.

DRJ

That is my feelings as well.

Now I will clean my carry or home defense firearms the same day. I will also take out dads old Revolver and give it a rubbed down but It's but in the family for over 20 years. The rest is done when ever I get around to it.

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    I've always figured that any gun that will shoot fine without requiring good cleaning, will shoot better with constant cleaning. It has been my experience that a dirty firearm is an unreliable firearm. Even my cheap ass AK receives a thorough cleaning after every trip to the range. I might have only washed my truck 5 or 6 times in the 10 years I've owned it, but my children and my guns stay clean.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Taught by a ww1 grandfather and ww2 father who would not tolerate
    not cleaning any weapon/tool after use so now if I return from shooting
    I must clean before the end of day otherwise could not sleep. Obsessive,
    perhaps but they never break always run and look new.:)

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Although new, I plan on cleaning it every time. However, my second cleaning (after 100 rounds) had almost no visible gunk so I can see myself changing my tune in the future.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Although new, I plan on cleaning it every time. However, my second cleaning (after 100 rounds) had almost no visible gunk so I can see myself changing my tune in the future.

Don't let yourself get lazy. If you plan on relying on the gun keep it clean. There are lots of great guns that continue to perform well in the dirtiest of states BUT that does not mean it will be reliable. There is unfortunatley always the chance that a neglected gun will one day let you down and Mr. Murphy will almost always make sure that it is when you need the gun to perform most. I clean everytime I shoot them. If you only shoot them for a few rounds instead of boxes like I do there usually won't be a problem cleaning every other time out but this leads to the aforementioned laziness that is inherent in all of us who have not had the good habits drilled into our heads. A gun is like many other investments in our lives such as car, home, children etc. While not as expensive they need proper maintenance and we can't lose sight of this fact if we expect our guns to be worth the price we paid for them instead of being overpriced paperweights. Matter of fact I think I'll clean them when I get home just for the hell of it, that'll make the missus happy;)

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Don't let yourself get lazy. If you plan on relying on the gun keep it clean. There are lots of great guns that continue to perform well in the dirtiest of states BUT that does not mean it will be reliable. There is unfortunatley always the chance that a neglected gun will one day let you down and Mr. Murphy will almost always make sure that it is when you need the gun to perform most. I clean everytime I shoot them. If you only shoot them for a few rounds instead of boxes like I do there usually won't be a problem cleaning every other time out but this leads to the aforementioned laziness that is inherent in all of us who have not had the good habits drilled into our heads. A gun is like many other investments in our lives such as car, home, children etc. While not as expensive they need proper maintenance and we can't lose sight of this fact if we expect our guns to be worth the price we paid for them instead of being overpriced paperweights. Matter of fact I think I'll clean them when I get home just for the hell of it, that'll make the missus happy;)

Thanks for the tips. For now I enjoy cleaning it and it isn't that much of a chore, maybe 5-10 minutes.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I enjoy it too, That makes it so much easier if you incorporate the cleaning into part of your fun day at the range routine. Even when I've been shooting shotguns for 5 or 6 hrs in this damn heat, I still clean as soon as I get home usually before I clean myself up much to my wife's chagrin.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom