How Often Do You Go Shooting?

LHB1

Mar 4, 2008
Houston
I try to go once or twice a week if weather/sickness/travel/etc. permits. Just checked my records for last year: 53 range visits and fired at least 2825 rounds. Of that, 10 visits and 550 rounds was practice with .22 LR pistol and 43 visits/2275 rounds was with .45 ACP 1911's. Scores are holding steady and have not started deteriorating yet from age or sight related problems although I do have to use two hands now. Can't hold a pistol steady enough for target work with just one hand anymore.

longtooth

Mar 24, 2008
Lufkin, Texas
Prior to the last 3 yrs of health issues I went every week. I live 7 miles from the range. I getting back to better health & have seen the increase in range visits. Was there Monday & have a Sat. planned on the rifle & pistol range.

LHB1

Mar 4, 2008
Houston
Longtooth,
+1 on the health issues. Hang in there and keep shooting regularly. Luckily I haven't had any significant health problems yet but they are past due according to the calendar. Two conclusions I have learned:
- Youth and health are wasted on the young.
- Too soon old, too late smart.
;)

300shooter

Mar 6, 2008
Fargo,ND
Before my Divorce I was shooting 2 or 3 times a week now its like once or twice a month and if I have a IDPA or Steel shoot I might get out 2 times more before the shoots.

LT I need to get up to your neck of the woods and we can do some shooting together

Duman44

Mar 28, 2008
Houston
I try to get out at least once a week. I shoot pistols indoors and both rifles and pistols outdoors. My eyes are not what they once were, so I
notice a huge difference between pistol accuracy indoors and outdoors where there is much more light. Especially with guns without dot or bar sights.

carneyman

Feb 23, 2008
Tyler
Unfortunately, no range in the vicinity and no land to shoot on, so right now about once every few months...:(

Hopefully that will change when I move to Tyler in August.:D

justin81

Mar 21, 2008
DFW, Texas
I only get to go once a month due to work, spending time with family, and cost of ammo. I usually make a day of it, spend around 4-6 hours out there.

I usually shoot 180rds of .223, 100rds of 9mm, and 50rds of various 12ga shells (usually #8 bird shot, and 00 buck shot). Now that I have the .380 I'll start shooting 50rds of that each trip, and I should have my 38spl revolver next month, and I'll do 50rds of that too.

ctxpta

Mar 22, 2008
Lockhart, Texas
Sad truth

I live next to and own a range and if I am lucky shoot once a month! I am very fortunate that I am a natural and don't have to practice much to stay pretty proficient.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads