• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    I try to go once or twice a week if weather/sickness/travel/etc. permits. Just checked my records for last year: 53 range visits and fired at least 2825 rounds. Of that, 10 visits and 550 rounds was practice with .22 LR pistol and 43 visits/2275 rounds was with .45 ACP 1911's. Scores are holding steady and have not started deteriorating yet from age or sight related problems although I do have to use two hands now. Can't hold a pistol steady enough for target work with just one hand anymore.
    Lynx Defense

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Prior to the last 3 yrs of health issues I went every week. I live 7 miles from the range. I getting back to better health & have seen the increase in range visits. Was there Monday & have a Sat. planned on the rifle & pistol range.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Longtooth,
    +1 on the health issues. Hang in there and keep shooting regularly. Luckily I haven't had any significant health problems yet but they are past due according to the calendar. Two conclusions I have learned:
    - Youth and health are wasted on the young.
    - Too soon old, too late smart.
    ;)

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    Before my Divorce I was shooting 2 or 3 times a week now its like once or twice a month and if I have a IDPA or Steel shoot I might get out 2 times more before the shoots.

LT I need to get up to your neck of the woods and we can do some shooting together

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    I try to get out at least once a week. I shoot pistols indoors and both rifles and pistols outdoors. My eyes are not what they once were, so I
    notice a huge difference between pistol accuracy indoors and outdoors where there is much more light. Especially with guns without dot or bar sights.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Unfortunately, no range in the vicinity and no land to shoot on, so right now about once every few months...:(

Hopefully that will change when I move to Tyler in August.:D

justin81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DFW, Texas
    I only get to go once a month due to work, spending time with family, and cost of ammo. I usually make a day of it, spend around 4-6 hours out there.

I usually shoot 180rds of .223, 100rds of 9mm, and 50rds of various 12ga shells (usually #8 bird shot, and 00 buck shot). Now that I have the .380 I'll start shooting 50rds of that each trip, and I should have my 38spl revolver next month, and I'll do 50rds of that too.

ctxpta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Lockhart, Texas
    Sad truth

I live next to and own a range and if I am lucky shoot once a month! I am very fortunate that I am a natural and don't have to practice much to stay pretty proficient.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    At least three times a week.I usually go out to the desert where I have a good spot to shoot.A lot of the time the national guard and border patrol guys stop and shoot with me.

HighVelocity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    4-5 times a week, sometimes more depending on work. The Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club is less than 5 miles away so I can sneak over there, shoot 25yd plates for a half hour and comeback. Nobody even notices I'm missing.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    New job schedule has made it harder for me to shoot as much as I like to but I still get an average of 20-25 hours a month in.

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    I try to shoot 3-4 times in a month, sometimes schedules are conflicting though and shoot less at times. I have enjoyed visiting other ranges when we travel out of town. My family has all participated and it is much more fun than bowling.:)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom