• 2 / year or less

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    How frequently do visit the range to practice your shooting?

Results are private.

[If you went to the range and shot at least a box of ammo and any target for the purpose of knocking the rust off, improving marksmanship, or just having date night with the significant other, you "practiced." (some just practice more "seriously" than others)]
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Used to be three days a week. Don't make that time anymore, so at least once a week for IDPA practice.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I picked 2 per month, but really I'm at 3 per month. Typically.
    We did shoot Saturday and Sunday last week though. TBH makes about 1 per month, on average.
    It's fun when she tells me which ones to bring and proceeds to go through them at the range in her own particular order.

I wish the puppy enjoyed it more, but kinda understand his anxiety.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I picked 2 per month, but really I'm at 3 per month. Typically.
    We did shoot Saturday and Sunday last week though. TBH makes about 1 per month, on average.
    It's fun when she tells me which ones to bring and proceeds to go through them at the range in her own particular order.

I wish the puppy enjoyed it more, but kinda understand his anxiety.
    I range from 2/month - 2/week. Normally or average to 3/month.

Vaquero, don't you have a personal range?

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Sometimes daily. Mostly 2-4 times a week. 50 rds slowfire, 50 yards. 2-300 rds, 25 yds rapid fire (22 cal). Repeat with the .45. Close with 50 rds or so of .38, usually 20 slowfire, then 30-40 rds rapid fire. I used to shoot a lot more, but this is enough to maintain.
    Bob

Last edited:

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    It's interesting almost 70% of respondents are reporting live-fire at least twice a month.

While just half of the respondents stated they dry fire with that frequency.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Once a quarter for square-range live fire. Ammo isn't cheap, and I don't want to ingrain planting my feet.
    Weekly dry. I'll alternate between trigger work, and drawing while busting off the x in different directions, as well as dominant/non-dominant hand.
    I try to attend a live-fire course with movement at least twice a year. Didn't work out that way for 2014.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    It's interesting almost 70% of respondents are reporting live-fire at least twice a month.

While just half of the respondents stated they dry fire with that frequency.

It's more interesting that only 27 have responded at all. Maybe there's not as many shooters here as we think.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's more interesting that only 27 have responded at all. Maybe there's not as many shooters here as we think.
    I think this is part of it. However some who do shoot do so for different reasons and wouldnt consider it practice. Some shoot for fun without trying to improve, some are into developing long range precision loads so that is more testing than training.

Overall most gun owners dont shoot much at all, let alone practice. As far as TGT goes its a mixed bag. We have some serious shooters on here that shoot, train and compete frequently and we have some newbies and some who just hang out for various and unknown reasons.

big_bad_kitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Denton, TX
    My range is across my driveway. My son and I cast bullets, reload and try hard to practice live fire three to five times a week. Handgun range is covered and all weather while rifle range is open air with berms built at 100 and 150 yards. Works great for us and has become a fantastic way to bond and further develop the relationship between the two of us. Absolutely the best way I could ever think of to spend real quality time with my son! :>) Down the road all the guns are going to be his anyway!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom