How often do you practice pistol shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How often do you practice shooting a pistol?

• Multiple times a week! I have ammo for days baby!

Votes: 6 9.8%
    • At least once a week.

Votes: 9 14.8%
    • I try to get a good session in every month.

Votes: 33 54.1%
    • Maybe every 6 months, I'm not big on shooting pistols.

Votes: 8 13.1%
    • Glock Boyz Unite!!!

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters

CaliGunner

Keine Kompromisse
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Austin Suburbs
    Why? Permitless carry has no training or qualification requirement.

If anything needs to change with LTC it’s to move away from a marksmanship based shooting proficiency and towards a scenario based practical proficiency demonstrations such as shoot/no-shoot decisions.
    That sounds good too!

I also would add, what about "descalation training", like scenarios you would have to find a way to NOT use the gun to pass (verbal judo, walk away, etc).

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Man, I knew you would come in here with that 2WD logic.
    It’s true though. Regs and time should be flexible as not to prevent someone from exercising a right.

If I coach little league football, as I am soon, my responsibility is to try my best to grow each players skill sets. If I show an older person jui jitsu or boxing, do I expect that person to perform the same as a 21 year old? They still have a natural right to self preservation. Same with helping a mentally handicapped kid learn to box. Yea I did show a mentally handicapped kid to box.

Older I get I just dislike more regulations. It’s a big mental jerk off.

CaliGunner

Keine Kompromisse
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Austin Suburbs
    It’s true though. Regs and time should be flexible as not to prevent someone from exercising a right.

If I coach little league football, as I am soon, my responsibility is to try my best to grow each players skill sets. If I show an older person jui jitsu or boxing, do I expect that person to perform the same as a 21 year old? They still have a natural right to self preservation. Same with helping a mentally handicapped kid learn to box. Yea I did show a mentally handicapped kid to box.

Older I get I just dislike more regulations. It’s a big mental jerk off.

Naw, I agree with you. I love constitutional carry, but I think we as "gunners" should strive to be better, that's all I'm saying. Make it a requirement? Probably not for a lot of the reasons you laid out.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Naw, I agree with you. I love constitutional carry, but I think we as "gunners" should strive to be better, that's all I'm saying. Make it a requirement? Probably not for a lot of the reasons you laid out.
    If the government gets involved at all it needs to be for the least amount required. Striving to be better is a great thing it’s just why should our standards be everyone’s who’s mentally competent? I won’t stand in the way of some old guy who’s going to be slower.

My basic requirements would be good judgment and understanding what accuracy they are capable of. That’s it. I’m over nanny state crap.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Better example: civil war 2.0

You’re helping train whoever will join. Do you teach basics and give em a gun or do you try to teach them to be oaf?

paknheat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas
    Why? Permitless carry has no training or qualification requirement.

If anything needs to change with LTC it’s to move away from a marksmanship based shooting proficiency and towards a scenario based practical proficiency demonstrations such as shoot/no-shoot decisions.

I got to say, I like that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paknheat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas
    Rant over. Sorry for derailment of the thread. Some things just boil my fjb blood lately.

You made some good valid points.
    But I do have to agree somewhat with what Caligunner said about as gun owners we should take it amongst ourselves to strive to be better. I am glad Texas has CC. But Texas still has a long way to go to make it better.
    FJB.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You made some good valid points.
    But I do have to agree somewhat with what Caligunner said about as gun owners we should take it amongst ourselves to strive to be better. I am glad Texas has CC. But Texas still has a long way to go to make it better.
    FJB.

My biggest point being striving to be better is a personal choice or needs to be taught. If our constitutional rights are granted to us by our creator, how do we limit infringement?

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical