• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I recently renewed my DL, took me about 10 minutes online and 4 weeks to receive it in the mail. Not sure why yours was harder.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    How long did you have to wait for an appointment? I set mine to transfer my DL in April and the earliest available in Wichita Falls was first part of June. Had I opted for DFW it would have been September.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    How long did you have to wait for an appointment? I set mine to transfer my DL in April and the earliest available in Wichita Falls was first part of June. Had I opted for DFW it would have been September.
    Two days I made it online in San marcos but we also have the dmv truck licensing center in New bransfules

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I just renewed my dl since when did I need to fill out 4 forums and provide a orginal copy of my birth certificate smdh
    But you can get here on your bs word and vote the same way
    I renewed my CDL back in September and it took was 10 minutes. Also had to make a appointment because of the beer flu but it was easy. No hazmat endorsement just tanker.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I renewed my CDL back in September and it took was 10 minutes. Also had to make a appointment because of the beer flu but it was easy. No hazmat endorsement just tanker.
    Nah I was just bitchin it took longer to fill out the paperwork than the renewal.. but it cost me 196.25

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Hell, I bitch about (I believe) the $19 for my motorcycle endorsement.
    I've got everything but mc endorsement. Hazmat is almost 160.00
    120.00 for prints 40.00 for the test. Then you have to renew the license when you get cleared from homland. I don't have to test for any other endorsement but the Hazmat...

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I renewed mine last year on the day that Herr Abbot shut down the DMV. It took me about 10 mins but they had already sent me a list of everything I needed to bring in. SS Card, Birth Certificate, Utility bill as proof of residence. While I was at the counter, the gate keeper troll at the door started telling everyone if they weren't currently being helped they needed to leave because the Governor had just shut them down. Needless to say there were a few pissed off people.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    About three years ago mine was due, but I had to go in person to take the periodic eye exam. This was when they changed the requirements. I don’t remember what it was, birth certificate, passport or something like that to verify US citizen. Well that new process clogged up the DPS stations in Houston and wait times were hours long. We had a trip planned that was during the window of time to get the renewal, so we stopped in a smaller town on the way back home between Dallas and Houston in either Waxahatchie or Centerville ( I can’t remember which) because I thought wait times would be less. They were. In and out in about 45 minutes.
    I took the eye exam without my glasses but failed because my bad eye had gotten worse and couldn’t fully read the chart. The gal then wanted me to take the test with my glasses on, but I didn’t want to do that because then I’d be marked as glasses required. I’ve got one good eye and one bad eye so I asked her how do people with only one eye pass their test. She said it’s a modified test, so I asked her to give me that one. She did and I passed. No glasses required now. We really do have some stupid rules in government.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've got everything but mc endorsement. Hazmat is almost 160.00
    120.00 for prints 40.00 for the test. Then you have to renew the license when you get cleared from homland. I don't have to test for any other endorsement but the Hazmat...
    Being Hazmat endorsed you can be the designated driver for the pallets of ammo, primer & powder buy!

Top Bottom