• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Richmond
    I posted this link in the 'Handguns' section asking peoples opinions on Bobtailed 1911s.

Here is a link with pictures on how i did mine. the one in the link was done to a Para LTC 9mm lightweight commander framed 1911.

I've done one prior to this one on an American Classic Commander.

all i used was a hand drill with a 1/8th inch bit, a dremel tool, and some birchwood casey to refinish. i have since redone the frame with Duracoat in Desert Warrior Tan

Houston-Imports.com - View Single Post - JULY GUN THREAD PEW PEW PEW!!es ideally you should use a bobtail jig and a drill press, but the jig costs around 50 bucks, and unless you are planning on doing all your 1911s, its a waste of money. not to mention the jig wont work on pistols manufactured outside the US because they use metric units where as we use imperial- i encountered that problem when i tried using a jig on the american classic- made in the Philippines.

just measure and remeasure and you only have to drill the hole on one side. once you get one side, insert the BT MSH, and drill through it out the other end of the frame and its guaranteed to be perfect.

best of luck. its a really fun project, but i wouldnt do it to any of my high end pistols without a drill press or jig.
    Target Sports

Top Bottom