• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    GodsofGuns.com

Total Break Down and Disassembly of Glock 23 - I do a detailed and complete break down of my Glock 23, along with an explanation of the parts and some common pitfalls to avoid while breaking the Glock down.

How to Break Down a Glock - Total Disassemble - Full Explanation - YouTube

Disclaimer:

-Only a gunsmith or certified Glock Armorer is allowed to take the pistol beyond the Field Strip. (Which is the Slide off and the Barrel removed) Anything further than that actually voids the warranty.

- Every 1000 or so Rounds I break mine down for inspection and/or cleaning because I use drop in barrels and conversion kits. This makes the Glock less reliable and dirtier so I like to check it more often. Glock says only twice a year on guns that get shot a lot, should get broke down this far and that is just for inspection of broken parts, not for cleaning. Field strip is far enough for cleaning.

- Taking the pistols down too much can cause excess wear on the pins and they will start to walk out during firing, especially on the .40. I don't encourage the average person to take their gun this far apart.

If you do take the gun apart, the pins should never need to be driven out with a hammer. Don't force them, If you can't get the trigger pin out, just wiggle the Slide Stop a little and it will come right out. And the Locking Block pin should be both the first pin you take out and the first pin you install.

- .40 to 9mm conversion with just a barrel swap. Glock changes the weight of their slides so that one recoil spring works with all the same size frames. So if you do this, your 9mm you are essentially using and extra power Recoil Spring.
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Dude, you spend to much time thinking. Get an ultrasonic cleaner and some good lube and be done with Glocks.

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    Dude, you spend to much time thinking. Get an ultrasonic cleaner and some good lube and be done with Glocks.

That isn't fun at all. Plus, I put drop in barrels in my glock to change calibers, I have KPOS G1 converstion kits that I gotta make sure are keeping my glock running smoothly. I have custom parts I install all the time. And this is just for my Glock. I have my berretta with viridian X5L gen 2 green light and tactical laser, and dozens of rifels and shot guns. The fun is knowing your firearm and keeping it in optimal condition.

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    Mkay. I'd rather shoot than clean but to each their own. :cool:

I enjoy both. Thats why I'm enrolled in Gunsmithing College and apprentice at shops. Not for the money, for the knowledge. I like to know how the gun works, why it works, what to look for if something is wrong and how to fix it my self.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The first Glock I owned I took apart down to every last part. I just wanted to see how it worked and have done this with many guns. Glocks are very simple and some other guns are very complicated.

With care and patients it is enjoyable to me, but yes, it probably isn't for everyone.

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    The first Glock I owned I took apart down to every last part. I just wanted to see how it worked and have done this with many guns. Glocks are very simple and some other guns are very complicated.

With care and patients it is enjoyable to me, but yes, it probably isn't for everyone.

Yeah, my Px4 Storm had more parts in the hammer assembly than the glock did entirely lol. There is almost nothing on the internet for it either, I ended up getting a AGI video for it, which was really good.

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    I have some newer videos coming out soon. The old website is down, but the YouTube channel is still up.

I'll be covering hydrographic printing.
    ymesyvuv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    I'm only "going" to Penn Foster. But I mostly do my actual learning from friends who are gunsmiths and let me apprentice projects or by working on my own stuff along AGI videos. Gun smithing isn't something you can learn online, you have to be hands on.

There isn't a college close enough for me to go to since this is just a hobby. I already have a career as the operations director for ReviewUs.com so gun smithing will stay a hobby or as something fun to do in retirement.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, I'm trying to learn a few things too. The only decent gunsmith around here already has an apprentice, and his shop is small enough that he's only got room in there for one. So I've just been taking in work as I can, working for free, and learning what I can as I go. I'll have to look into those AGI videos. Are those available to the general public?

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    Yeah, I have a few buddy's with lathes and mills in there garage. I know the general manager of some gun ranges. Other friends were armorers in the military...and yeah, AGI has some really good videos for just about any gun, and any topic. When I get to my computer, I'll on PM you some info you will find really interesting.

bptactical

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    CO

A buddy of mine throws his complete frame on the top rack of his dishwasher. Just pull it out before the high heat dry cycle.
    I've completely disassembled it twice and it seems to have suffered no ill effects.

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    I enjoy cleaning it. I sit down in front of the tv, and just break it down, clean it. My daughter usually tells me all the parts she knows, and asks me the names of others.

Firearms, for me, aren't just fun for shooting, every part of it is fun.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I enjoy cleaning it. I sit down in front of the tv, and just break it down, clean it. My daughter usually tells me all the parts she knows, and asks me the names of others.

Firearms, for me, aren't just fun for shooting, every part of it is fun.

+1

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    Like, I enjoyed taking my dads old guns he left me, that sat in a closet for 10 years and I just started restoring them. I'm not done yet, but they are coming along.

u2ezuze5.jpg

6a5aqytu.jpg

u9yqere6.jpg

nepyjunu.jpg

hyjejyne.jpg

4a4avagu.jpg

pydy4ype.jpg

Top Bottom