• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    Total Break Down and Disassembly of Glock 23 - I do a detailed and complete break down of my Glock 23, along with an explanation of the parts and some common pitfalls to avoid while breaking the Glock down.

How To Break Down and Disassemble Glock
    How to Break Down a Glock 23 - Total Disassembly - YouTube

How to Reassemble Glock
    How to assemble a Glock 23 - Total Assembly - YouTube

Disclaimer:

-Only a gunsmith or certified Glock Armorer is allowed to take the pistol beyond the Field Strip. (Which is the Slide off and the Barrel removed) Anything further than that actually voids the warranty.

- Every 1000 or so Rounds I break mine down for inspection and/or cleaning because I use drop in barrels and conversion kits. This makes the Glock less reliable and dirtier so I like to check it more often. Glock says only twice a year on guns that get shot a lot, should get broke down this far and that is just for inspection of broken parts, not for cleaning. Field strip is far enough for cleaning.

- Taking the pistols down too much can cause excess wear on the pins and they will start to walk out during firing, especially on the .40. I don't encourage the average person to take their gun this far apart.

If you do take the gun apart, the pins should never need to be driven out with a hammer. Don't force them, If you can't get the trigger pin out, just wiggle the Slide Stop a little and it will come right out. And the Locking Block pin should be both the first pin you take out and the first pin you install.

- .40 to 9mm conversion with just a barrel swap. Glock changes the weight of their slides so that one recoil spring works with all the same size frames. So if you do this, your 9mm you are essentially using and extra power Recoil Spring.

Top Bottom