• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'm having difficulty with the concept that there are folks who DON'T buy ammo online . . .

In many cases, the shipping is free or, as you state, with case quantities, costs less than the local sales tax would have been had you purchased in your area.

Online is the only way to go.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    There are many folks that won't buy on line simply because they have to pay shipping. My BIL for one. Even if the total cost is less than buying in a brick and mortar, they feel that paying shipping charges is somehow ripping them off. BIL would rather spend time, money on gas, and taxes than to pay shipping...for anything really, not just ammo. Same for FFL fees. Oh hell no, he ain't gonna pay no damn transfer fee.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    It's too easy to not buy online. If its just target shooting for my common calibers I may go to the store but if there is a deal on Sportsman's Guide I buy online. If its one of my less common calibers that stores try to charge an arm and a leg for, then I buy online. I don't rule out places like Walmart because they do have cheaper prices on some things and it takes little time for me to get there.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Yeah I use gunboat also.

Strangely I'm still buying ammo from CA...LAX Ammo reloads are good quality, cheap, and come in a free plastic ammo can, which nest atop one another so they're easy to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    If you're buying ammo and NOT buying it online, you're a fool. I guess some folks are worried about the FedEx or UPS deliverymen knowing they're receiving ammo. BFD, I say.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    You always pay shipping charges, even when you get "free shipping"... The only way to look at costs is item to you. For b&m, that means wholesale+delivery+mark-up/profit+sales tax. For online that means wholesale+delivery+mark-up/profit+sales/use tax. Of course everyone who purchases on-line out of state files their use tax statement along with a check, right?

Online will be the death of brick of mortar for consumable/commodity items. Brick and mortar can't compete on price, so they have to compete on service and availability.

I liked the article. The tip about checking for rebates was a good one. I'm not sure what the revenue model is for your site, but you might want to keep a list of current rebates like some of the other big sites do to drive traffic...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    If you're buying ammo and NOT buying it online, you're a fool. I guess some folks are worried about the FedEx or UPS deliverymen knowing they're receiving ammo. BFD, I say.
    HaHa - I order black powder online. Last time, the box had been partially crushed and the FEDEX guy said he hoped everything was OK. I said well it's BP and it didn't go off, so we're fine, LOL. He didn't even react.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    I buy both online and sometimes in brick and mortar stores. I found some great deals on 9mm at Freedom munitions brick and mortar stores. Lately I have been watching texas gun trader for deals online from individuals in the Houston area. This way I negotiate a good deal. I have found .22lr (2000 rounds) .30-30 (200 rounds) and 7.62x39 (1000 rounds) this way for amazing deals. The key is taking your time buying in bulk, and when something is available jump on it that day.
    If your wondering .03 cents around for .22 lr, 18 cents a round for 7.62x39, and 50 cents a round for .30-30.
    You can always make a better deal when buying from individuals, then you can from a corporation.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I'm surprised at how many people are wary of buying ammo online so I put this together article to hopefully help.

For some reason, I can't see a link to your article while perusing this site on my phone. I'll wait til I get home to check it from my laptop.

I noticed a few links to websites that sell ammo on this thread and am wondering what other places are good for online ammo, especially those that offer free shipping?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Apparently some moderator is going around deleting the links in my posts.

If a mod reads this, how about you PM me with the issue instead of going around deleting my links?

That moderator is the owner of this site, texcross. I am sure he has a good reason.

Keep posting them though without finding out why they get deleted. I am sure it will end well for you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom