How to carry?

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Texican Scotty, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Texican Scotty

Texican Scotty Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    How do y'all carry? I'm waiting on the CHL I've heard about all different types of holsters but I've been a little skittish on asking this question.

I normally dress in western style shirt (tucked in) and jeans. How does one carry like this or do I need to modify how I dress when I go out.

These holsters that fit inside pants is the shirt untucked?

I feel a little idiotic asking these questions but I have to trust folks like y'all with all this knowledge. ;) Thank you in advance for any help.

By the way I have a Kel-tec P11 and a Ruger LCP.

2. MuddyWaterMan

MuddyWaterMan Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    I would carry either one of those in my right front pocket. Just me though.

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    As long as you dont wear danglers you can stick either one of those guns in a pocket.... For the LCP Comp-Tac makes a kydex rig that goues around your neck like a neck knife...

4. MuddyWaterMan

MuddyWaterMan Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Danglers? You mean "Stranglers"?

5. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    There are IWB holsters that allow you to tuck your shirt, but they don't work well with tight fitting shirts. If you wear the style that blouses a bit, it could work with a thin compact or sub compact gun. I don't have one, but can't imagine they are very comfortable.

My self, I use an OWB holster in the cooler weather either covered by a jacket, or heavier cool weather shirt. Summer time is of course more of a challenge, and I mostly carry in the front pocket of jeans or shorts, with a shirt or t shirt untucked. Dressed up a bit, I need to go with a mouse sized gun in the pocket.

6. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I my new com-tac IWB holster, though I don't tuck in my shirt.

I think you can. There feels liek there is room, but I don't think it would be the best. I also have another IWB holster for a kel tec, which works great.

Both of these I can wear with just a Tee shirt. A glock 19 and a kel tec.

I got a pocket holster for the kel tec, but I really don't like the pocket carry method. I just don't think that it is a safe and effective way to carry. Just my opinion.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

I have two danglers, does this mean I need a holster?

8. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The other one finally dropped? Congratulations!:happy0001:

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Right after I bought my first Kimber. :p

10. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I prefer small of the back concealment myself. I have a Comp tac Minotaur holster i wear at the 5-oclock position. I'd advise wearing pants that are about 1/2 to 1" more in the waist to make it comfortable.