• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunspots

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Austin, tx
    I carry either a P11 or Ruger SP101 in a wasteband holster with extra long untucked shirt usually........ in hot weather...I am a shorts and tshirt guy.... the p11 will go nicely in a pocket though.. When it is cooler I will adjust to some other holster while wearing a jacket

45nut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Odessa
    I carry a 1911 in a Cross Breed Super Tuck with either a polo shirt or western shirt & Wranglers. I do it every day and no ever seems to notice.

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    i carry an XD 9 4inch in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB, i weigh 155lbs and am 5'8, i usually wear medium shirts, some brands a large, i wear jeans religiously, 32-32 (31 inch waist) regular fit wranglers, thats july-august time in Fort Worth, i have no issues.
    what it comes down to is trying out several different set ups, dont radically change what you do, alot of times you can work what you carry into what you already wear (within reason), for example, i carry my SOG multitool in a leather snap hood belt pouch when i'm working, i dont usually carry it on the street, so just through fiddling and a little leather conditioner, i perfectly fit a reload in the pouch, so even if thats hanging out, no body even notices cause it looks like what it is, a tool pouch.

alot of my testing is done trying to jockey in front of the mirror with my girlfriend, just trying on different types of clothing to see what looks natural and is comfortable

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    I carry in a M-tac all the time. Most of the time it is with an untucked shirt. The reason for the untucked shirt is more to help hide the extra mag and flashlight. Perfectly comfortable either way. Only catch is if you are going to hide a gun under a tucked in shirt you will need to blouse it out a little.

Eagle

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Gotta throw in another for the CrossBreed supertuck.
    Im 5'11" 245lbs. Some would say, a bit chunky, but I carry it well. :)
    Under a light tshirt the only noticable bit is the rear corner of my Glock 19s slide touching my shirt if the wind hits it. Under a thicker quality shirt its gone. Under a loose button up shirt, what gun? Ive tucked it in several times aswell, works as advertised as long as you blouse a little. All behind my right hip, about four o clock. Sits fine behind the wheel aswell, perfectly comfortable in my truck. Might get alittle iff in bucket seats though. Cant recommend them enough. I wear it between a tucked in under shirt and untucked shirt most of the time.
    Summer time carry is usually my LCP in a back pocket Blackhawk holster with the spare mag in the small pocket above the right pocket.

cardenas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Alvin
    Before I started carrying, I tucked in my shirt. I had to go untucked now that I carry. Maybe during colder weather I will tuck, while wearing a coat. You can try the Smart Carry, or ACE makes a tuck able holster.

Shriker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    In cooler weather its easy as many have mentioned....I prefer OWB in a paddle style Galco with my G19 or one of my 1911's.

But how often is it even COOL here in Houston? 3/4 of the year its shorts and a light shirt so I carry IWB strong side or more often, pocket holster with my J Frame S&W 342PD.

Top Bottom