Join TexasGunTalk

how to clear live round stuck in barrel

Discussion in 'Video How-To's and Tutorials' started by kk365ss, Feb 19, 2017.

1. General Zod

General Zod Well-Known

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...

I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.

2. TxStetson

TxStetson TGT Addict

May 9, 2013
    Abilene
    I really think we need to hear the whole story. Oh, and see some pics too. For posterity of course.

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.

4. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Kneel before Zod!

5. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I'll have you know I was drunk when I loaded that ammo, NOT hungover.

6. General Zod

General Zod Well-Known

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, the whole story is a tale of casual trolling on my favorite message board.

7. lmao

lmao New Member

Apr 9, 2017
    if it's a 7.62 bullet stuck in the bore, you wont get it out with a wooden dowel. You'll need a hunk of drill rod that's a close slip fit in the bore, only 2-3" longer than the barrel with a concavity it it's leading end for the bullet. REALLY try to get the barrel out of the gun, wear a face mask and gloves for this and let the penetrating oil sit in the barrel, with a cotton patch under the chamber, until you see signs of oil on the patch (muzzle up of course) probably be an overnight process. Dont use a steel hammer anywhere around a gun muzzle. Use a mallet or hunk of hardwood, so you dont ding the barrel's crown. Having a smith recrown it will cost you $50.