Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Had a few primers pop on the reloading press over the years but never fired a round inadvertently. In industry, two kinds of people get hurt most often.....The newbies who don't know any better and the old hands who get careless. I keep that in mind every time I handle a firearm.

Flash

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ...the old hands who get careless. I keep that in mind every time I handle a firearm.

I pulled a Glock out of my safe tonight to add a plug to it. No magazine, in a case, in my safe, negative loaded chamber indicator and with me not doing anything with the trigger.

I still pulled the slide back to check before I started.

Period.

You're absolutely right about getting into the mentality of every firearm, every time.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yep. Pull mag, run slide. Check chamber. In that order.

Then check it again before you pull that trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freez

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I dry fire pistols a lot and have aiming points on my doors for that purpose. When I lay a pistol down after dry firing, walk away for a while and return later, I always recheck the pistol.

My CHL guns are always loaded and chambered. I NEVER unload them as there is a risk in doing that. Did I reload that pistol? Is it chambered? Is it unloaded? I bypass all of that and never unload them! As a result, there are several guns in the house that are never unloaded.

I have a small safe where I keep carry guns that are not currently in use. They are always loaded and chambered inside that safe. Any gun in that safe is ready to rock. I should mention that my dog Jake and I live alone in a small house. No one else has access to my house.

Other firearms are locked up, unloaded and secured.

Flash

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I am still relatively new to the world of firearms, and I beat the safety rules into my head all the time. Always check, never assume, always point in a safe direction etc. Friday night I had a lapse. I was at a friends house and he let me check out his AR. I removed the mag and cleared the chamber, but when I was checking out his red dot, I swept one of his friends like an idiot. I got mad at myself for that.

Top Bottom