• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Reminds me of the time I was pulled over on 59 for doing 65 in a 60 (I know, right?). The officer was driving a marked Camaro and as I was talking to him, I asked him what he had to do to get issued one of those.. We talked cars for a bit and after about 3 minutes of chatting, he ripped up the ticket and just sent me away with a warning. Police are people too.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's a lot of cool cops out there, quite a few car nuts too. I've run into a few of them in my years :)

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've gotten my fair share of warnings.

My absolute favorite was a couple of years ago out on I-20 between Van Horn and Pecos with a DPS officer. He said he had observed me get into the center line a bit (which I don't think I did but I didn't argue). I handed the officer my driver's license along with my CHL. He asked me if I had any weapons with me and I told him I did. he asked if i had any physically on my person and I told him I had a .380 in my boot so he asked me to step out of the car. I thought 'well shit here we go'.

We're standing out on the right of way and he says "seriously? You have a gun in your boot?" I told him yes, that it was the new Taurus TCP .380 (I bought it the day they came out so it was very new on the market at the time). He asked if he could see it and I told him yeah but I'm going to have to reach for it so don't be trying any BS like drawing on me or anything. He laughed, said he wouldn't so I took it out of my boot, cleared it and handed it to him. He loved the hell out of it and was blown away at its size and weight.

We stood out there on the side of the interstate and talked guns for almost half an hour before we parted ways as friends (and more importantly no ticket LOL).

I don't think I got into the center line. I think he was bored (which is very easy to do way out there) and wanted something to do/someone to talk to.

The vast majority LEOs are great guys and I've met quite a few of them.

In fact I would have to say that in my entire adult life I have had many interactions with LEOs from various agencies (no, not by committing crimes LOL) and have only met two who I would classify as genuine power tripping assholes. Those are the ones who tend to stick out in your mind.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I got pulled over for (of all things) an expired inspection sticker on my way to work one morning. The officer walked up to my window, whipped out his ticket book and started with: "How are you doing this morning, sir?"

Well, I was in a sarcastic mood, so I smiled and replied "I was doing great 'till this cop pulled me over on my way to work..."

To my relief he laughed - apparently that took him off guard. We chatted a bit, and he wrote me a warning instead of a ticket.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I had 3 kids in carseats driving Houston to Dallas. Night time, kids were asleep and I was booking it.

Police officer pulled me over. Put a bright flashlight beam on the back seat with all the kids, waking them up.

He didn't even ask for license\registration and quickly apologized, said I was free to go and I didn't even get a warning ticket nor asked to slow down.

Young kids awake the rest of the trip was punishment enough.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    In fact I would have to say that in my entire adult life I have had many interactions with LEOs from various agencies (no, not by committing crimes LOL) and have only met two who I would classify as genuine power tripping assholes. Those are the ones who tend to stick out in your mind.

So you met TXI and who else?

--ducking and covering and running like hell before TXI sees this!-- :)

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I got pulled over at about 2am one morning here recently, and as the cop is sitting in the car behind me i'm trying to figure out what I got pulled over for and can't think of anything. He finally comes up to the window and as i'm handing him my DL, CHL and insurance he asks if I know why he pulled me over to which I answered "i haven't a clue". He asks me if I was speeding, I told him not to my knowledge, asked if i forgot to signal a lane change, again not to my knowledge. He then handed all my stuff back and said no the reason I pulled you over is because I want to know where to get that sticker you have on your back window.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ...the reason I pulled you over is because I want to know where to get that sticker you have on your back window.

Useless Without Pics.jpg

Top Bottom