• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestTexasshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Sweetwater, TX
    Okay, I have gone to Texas DPS CHL web site applied for CHL Instructor. I called them and they told me I should reapply in January of 2010. They told me that the class was already over for the year and I need to reapply. What class are they talking about and what is the process of this? I have been to a TCLEOSE firearms instructor course so what else do I need.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's not like getting a CHL, the classes aren't offered continually.

There is a thread from a week or 2 ago from someone that just went to one and some folks that are going this month also posted.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Typically DPS holds intructor certification once a year, they usally run two classes. One is a 28 hour class that is made up almost eclusivley of military and LEO, the other is a 36 hour class for average joe. I believe DPS held three classes this year, the first was the 28 hour, started on Jube 1, one I believe was last week and the last starts next week. You basically need to keep an eye on the DPS website and watch for the announcement. No other training or certification will allow you to condunct CHL classes in Texas....

Top Bottom