Lynx Defense

How to mess with attacker's night vision?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I have ample fire extinguishers, two wells, a pond and back up power. We prepare for life’s adversities, and adapt as we go.

I worry more about hoardes of raccoons than I do about the cartels or the the .Gov, at this point.
    Target Sports

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    hant weapon
    handy -- my keyboaed makes mistakes.
    If you shoot in your room, YOU will be night blind - and so will the perp. Probably deaf for a while too.
    Recovery will be just a few seconds for both, outdoors the same.
    If they have NV, you got a real problem anyway.
    Rural is same as urban, don't shoot until they enter, unless illegals or druggies, then SSS.
    Only advantage for you is knowing they are there early. Shining lights won't help. Yard or barn lights coming on suddenly may scare of the 'gentile' ones.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If an attacker has NV, he's probably got at least a half dozen other cartel members with him. You'll have to get a lot more creative than a direct attack if you want to survive.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    hant weapon
    handy -- my keyboaed makes mistakes.
    If you shoot in your room, YOU will be night blind - and so will the perp. Probably deaf for a while too.
    Recovery will be just a few seconds for both, outdoors the same.
    If they have NV, you got a real problem anyway.
    Rural is same as urban, don't shoot until they enter, unless illegals or druggies, then SSS.
    Only advantage for you is knowing they are there early. Shining lights won't help. Yard or barn lights coming on suddenly may scare of the 'gentile' ones.

People shoot in dark houses without going blind all the time. I did the advanced low light pistol course at RDI a year ago. Not a problem to let out as many rounds as you want with almost no ambient light, especially when you have a WML to compensate.

I've been in the room of several guns that went off. .22, 9MM, and .357. I didn't go deaf at all. I have electronic ear pro to hopefully prevent this (if I have time to put them in). They also give one Superman hearing.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    .22, 9MM, and .357. I didn't go deaf at all. Yup, and I walked under the 5" when they were shooting, no protection. Got tinnus now.
    I did a test on dark outside, 40sw testing cfepistol vs hp-38. Couldn't see the target but it illuminated (20yds) when I fired, for about half second. Then several seconds later, my eyes recovered. I could see the fellows standing next to me.
    Just body physics, nothing you can do about it. The problem is temporary but real. Most rooms aren't really completely dark. But you can test it, go shoot your rifle in your deer blind, without 'ears', at night. Or pistol!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    are flash bangs illegal? asking for a friend!
    $200.00 tax per if you can find someone willing to sell them to you. There are & have been some Non NFA device that the ATF reneged on over the years. As a kid I had this launcher that was for scaring wildlife out of orchards & gardens. It launched whistling bang & flash bangs. Those are now restricted on the ammo

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    You may find one of these handy.

IMG_4884.jpeg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts