Hurley's Gold

How to mount flashlight to lever action rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Charlie, I bought the mount in Post #6 and it won't do me any good. Do you want it?

Thats why i was taking pics and measurements for you lol. I was tryna avoid you buyin the wrong mount.

Just the other day at my academy store i noticed they had a 45* offset rail mount. If you grab that and large 1" scope rings it might clear it.

Also, look up utg risers. Primary arms sells some and if you mount your red dot to one on a small riser it might be enough to clear the existing flashlight mount you have now and still be small enough that you dont mess up your sight picture. I would measure first how much clearance you need first with that existing flashlight mount.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Thats why i was taking pics and measurements for you lol. I was tryna avoid you buyin the wrong mount.

Just the other day at my academy store i noticed they had a 45* offset rail mount. If you grab that and large 1" scope rings it might clear it.

Also, look up utg risers. Primary arms sells some and if you mount your red dot to one on a small riser it might be enough to clear the existing flashlight mount you have now and still be small enough that you dont mess up your sight picture. I would measure first how much clearance you need first with that existing flashlight mount.

I know, and it works so well on your gun! Not sure why it didn't on mine; maybe my flashlight is bigger.

Your Academy is better stocked I guess. I went to one in San Antonio before the hunt on Friday and they didn't have any offset mounts.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Ive been quite surprised by my academy. Some of the things i thought id have to order online they surprisingly had.

Where was it contacting on yours? I have a pretty large bell flashlight as its a hoglight but it wears a one inch tube. Was it obstructing your view in the red dot or did it just not wanna mount straight?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Since it's for hunting, you need camo duct tape
    10172840_dck_1409574_pri_larg.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom