Texas SOT

How to mount flashlight to lever action rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Howdy all,

I have enjoyed shooing pigs with the Primary Arms red dot on my Marlin 336, but I miss the flashlight I used to be able to easily attach to the scope tube. Can you help me get the flashlight back on the gun, whilst keeping the red dot?

eryhesum.jpg

u9eje4uq.jpg

ryzeqe9u.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Is the tube thick enough to clamp the scope to on the bottom? Are you willing to see if you have space to drill for a small magpul moe rail? I know i wouldnt be willing on a wood stock but maybe you might.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I think your best bet is to run a 45* offset rail mount and then a very tall/high flashlight mount the 45* or better offset mount will keep it low profile so you can still see full view of your RDS whether mounted forward or rear of it and the tall rings make sure to push it out of the way even further.

You would also have to run a riser on your RDS as i see its very low

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    If you don't like it I'll buy it from you. I don't need it badly but I've kinda' been looking for an offset light mount.

The mount works very great and is very good for the price. I have had no issues at all. Uploading pics now.

c4ib.jpg

I have a one inch tube 1x4 leupold. It clears this mount easily if i were to mount it on top.

I also got stung by a dang wasp while editing and taking these pics.

Last edited:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Bad news: didn't show up tonight
    Good news: it'll be here tomorrow, and after my phone call to Amazon customer service, now it's free

Interesting? Was this bought and shipped directly from amazon or one of its third party vendors? Ive had some interesting delivery date suggestions when buying from them before and not being here when they say. Maybe ill try calling next time too.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Directly from Amazon. They have been 90% on getting me the items when they say they will, and 100% on making it right when they don't. Last week was funny--I received a box full of $50 worth of dog shampoo instead of my order. They told me to keep the shampoo, reshipped my order overnight, extended my Prime membership by a month, and gave me $30. I'm not complaining.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Didn't have the mount in time for this weekend's pig slaughter, but I got it ready in the bench today. Mount seems solid. Because it is not really adjustable, what's left to see is where it points the light at a 50 yard target. For $8, I'm quite pleased.

supebymy.jpg

u9emagys.jpg

ry9eju8y.jpg

uqepy3ut.jpg

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    The mount works very great and is very good for the price. I have had no issues at all. Uploading pics now.

c4ib.jpg

I have a one inch tube 1x4 leupold. It clears this mount easily if i were to mount it on top.

I also got stung by a dang wasp while editing and taking these pics.

Shooter, this one did not work for me. The light was right in front of my RDS. I bought an offset rail from NC Star and used a scope ring I had laying around.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom