• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazyHorse89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Gentlemen,

I have heard and read alot about selling and Distributing Ammo, And I have decided to go forward with it. I have obtained an LLC, Tax ID, obtained dealer accounts for Brass/Bullets/Primers/Powders/boxes. This is a joint venture with a few business partners. However I need a few bits on help.

I understand all Risks associated with it, and was able to obtain 2 million dollar product liablity insurance policy.

Right now I have decided to sell/Reload for only Handgun calibers.

I have a few questions. One, Does anyone know of where i can buy large sums of Brass from an indoor range, say 55 gallon drums worth (Texas)?

Two, any bit of information to people who have done this before, what do I need to know to get my Type 6 FFL.

Hints suggestions for guys who have Sold Ammo before would be greatly apprciated.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Most indoor ranges sell their brass in bulk to someone. It may be hard to get in the door with one. Check with a decent sized PD. They probably either have a huge supply on hand or sell to a reloader or scrapper. If you were to offer a few cents/lb more than the scrap price, you might get a gold mine. I believe Austin PD sells theirs for scrap ($1.15/lb currently). At $1.20/lb you would get a bargain on once fired brass.

Large reloaders like HSM/The Hunting Shack in Montana give a credit for each case returned. I think the credit is currently about $.05/empty case. BK in San Antonio (Helotes) used to give a credit for the plastic trays also ($.05/each). They would re-use the trays in their own boxes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom