How to Obtain my Class 6 FFL

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by CrazyHorse89, Jul 29, 2009.

1. CrazyHorse89

CrazyHorse89 New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Gentlemen,

I have heard and read alot about selling and Distributing Ammo, And I have decided to go forward with it. I have obtained an LLC, Tax ID, obtained dealer accounts for Brass/Bullets/Primers/Powders/boxes. This is a joint venture with a few business partners. However I need a few bits on help.

I understand all Risks associated with it, and was able to obtain 2 million dollar product liablity insurance policy.

Right now I have decided to sell/Reload for only Handgun calibers.

I have a few questions. One, Does anyone know of where i can buy large sums of Brass from an indoor range, say 55 gallon drums worth (Texas)?

Two, any bit of information to people who have done this before, what do I need to know to get my Type 6 FFL.

Hints suggestions for guys who have Sold Ammo before would be greatly apprciated.

2. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

Shiloh Shooting is right there in Cypress and they collect their brass and sell it but I dont know who they sell it too. PM them on here and ask.

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I think Hot Wells, on 290, sells their (my) brass.

4. CrazyHorse89

CrazyHorse89 New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Do you know the USER ID to PM for Shiloh?

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Try user id:

shilohshooters

6. CrazyHorse89

CrazyHorse89 New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Thank you much!

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
  8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Contact the ATF and they can inform you of the procedure.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Most indoor ranges sell their brass in bulk to someone. It may be hard to get in the door with one. Check with a decent sized PD. They probably either have a huge supply on hand or sell to a reloader or scrapper. If you were to offer a few cents/lb more than the scrap price, you might get a gold mine. I believe Austin PD sells theirs for scrap ($1.15/lb currently). At $1.20/lb you would get a bargain on once fired brass.

Large reloaders like HSM/The Hunting Shack in Montana give a credit for each case returned. I think the credit is currently about $.05/empty case. BK in San Antonio (Helotes) used to give a credit for the plastic trays also ($.05/each). They would re-use the trays in their own boxes.