• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Ok, I have an older Canon Gun safe and the interior padding/fabric is starting to show signs of its abuse... ok the stuff is falling off the sides and shelves.

I understand how to re install using cloth and spray adhesive, however I am wondering about the fabric to use? Looking for suggestions and reasons for.

My original thought was to use car headliner materials as they are slightly padded and designed to be applied with spray adhesive. Anyone have conflicting or different suggestions?

Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Go to a fabric store and have a look at all the different materials. There are really too many options for just one to be "Right." Headliner material sounds like a good option. Hancock Fabrics is having a good sale until Saturday. Don't ask me why, but a yard of fabric at the store actually measures 1x2 yards.

By the way, I put a towel over any parts of the safe my rifles lean against to block the oil. If you use a plastic-based material it's a good idea to keep the oil off of it; oil corrodes plastic.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Thanks for the input. This will be a project I tackle in Feb or March so I have time. MROPER.... I am getting on in years.. Both indoor/outdoor carpet and Polyester bring back shivers....LOL... I will check all the ideas...

AND Thanks for your input. It is appreciated. I want to do this only once, and then live with it happy for more than a couple years.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Just bought a Canon safe and yes the fabric is fine now but I can see some additions later. Go to any fabric store and get what you like. I was thinking of getting some tool box rubber mat and make a few alterations to mine.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I would suggest the materials are better for safe lining then clothing. Perhaps some Shag carpet in there.

But where would I hang the mirror ball?....... Ok, still thinking I need to get some headliner for the shelves and the rubber sounds good for the flooring..

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    But where would I hang the mirror ball?....... Ok, still thinking I need to get some headliner for the shelves and the rubber sounds good for the flooring..

Giggity...
    uploadfromtaptalk1323383406302.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Top Bottom