How to run a serial number?

Mjdean77

Jan 20, 2021
Houston area
I'm curious as to why the OP is wondering if a gun might be stolen?

Did he already buy a gun that he's concerned with, or thinking about one that might be?
I have several guns from both sides of my family and just wat to run the numbers to know for sure. One of them is a shotgun I want to hunt with but don't want a Game Warden to run the numbers and get a surprise in the field.

TreyG-20

The Pool Guy
Dec 16, 2011
Central
Okay. Personally I would not. If it was stolen and you are not the one who did it, you should be fine outside of having it confiscated. Calling a PD to find out if the gun you possess is stolen will net the same result with more suspicion IMO.

Mjdean77

Jan 20, 2021
Houston area
Okay. Personally I would not. If it was stolen and you are not the one who did it, you should be fine outside of having it confiscated. Calling a PD to find out if the gun you possess is stolen will net the same result with more suspicion IMO.
Since it was given to me by my grandpa I would hate to have it confiscated.

TreyG-20

The Pool Guy
Dec 16, 2011
Central
Then keep it and enjoy it. It is not normal to ask or required by law for you to find out if it is stolen. If you acquired it from some shady character it might be a concern. In this case I wouldn't go through the trouble much less giving up any more information.

Mjdean77

Jan 20, 2021
Houston area
Then keep it and enjoy it. It is not normal to ask or required by law for you to find out if it is stolen. If you acquired it from some shady character it might be a concern. In this case I wouldn't go through the trouble much less giving up any more information.
Absolutely! I'm just wanting to make sure I'm legal.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads